Cubase 9.5.40 update available

BOOM! Another maintenance update touches down for your convenience. Cubase 9.5.40 now offers 64-bit float and 32-bit integer bit depth recording and format export as well as including many enhancements to automation, the MixConsole, the MediaBay and other audio and MIDI tools and capabilities.

Please note that there’s also an update for the Video Decoder for Avid DNxHD to import and playback Avid DNxHD videos in Cubase 9.5.40. The download is available to registered users only.

Download Cubase Pro 9.5.40 update

Download Cubase Artist 9.5.40 update

Download Cubase Elements 9.5.40 update

Download Cubase AI 9.5.40 update

Download Cubase LE 9.5.40 update

Sweet treat! :slight_smile:

Hi Matthias,

Thank you for the update. It easily installed and is working well. :wink:

If reference to the Video Decoder for Avid DNxHD…
What exactly does this mean? “The download is available to registered users only”.
Registered users of what… Cubase?
If so, I do not see a separate update available in MySteinberg and I am wondering why it wasn’t included in the CB 9.5.40 update.

Regards :sunglasses:

Hi,

You have to register the USB eLicenser with the Avid DNxHD license to MySteinberg and a new full-installer for the decoder will show up in the download section in MySteinberg.

At least my problem with izotope continues where something izotope craches when starting cubase. (Music Production Suite) Im not sure how bad this is for cubase though.

awesome update (so far…)
thanks

update: after almost a week now I can say that I experienced no new issues nor any other issues like other users reported in my typical sessions on Windows10, Reason and lots of plugins, recording audio/midi.

Video engine stopped to work here. *.mov files. Win 7.

Installed it, tried it, then went back to 9.5.30. due to audio not playing back correctly.

Advise to all - make sure you take a backup of your current (working) Cubase environment before installing 9.5.40. I did and am thankful.

with .40 i cant open my Hardware tab :cry:

UPDATE: Fixed when in Racks you mark Hardware

What about the problem with maximized window going back to normal window (not maximized) ?

It does that everytime i start a new project or restart C9. Am i the only one with that bug? It’s a problem since windows 1803 update and i was hoping it was fixed in this new update, but no luck.

Same here. Thanks to the win restore point.

Tried to install it but crashes! :frowning:

So do i need to buy the Avid DNxHD license? I’m on Cubase 9.5 Pro
Details please

Yes, if you need DNxHD support – it’s $30 – Video Decoder for Avid DNxHD® | Steinberg

If you want to play DNxHD files in Nuendo or Cubase with the new video engine (which replaced the old Quicktime-based engine which had security issues due to Apple abandoning security updates for it), you need this codec license. Applies to Nuendo 8.1.0 or Cubase 9.0.40 or above. Steinberg developed a brand new video engine in-house, and due to licensing issues with Avid, they separately developed an Avid codec, but it requires an extra license fee now. Hope that helps.

And BTW, it is not necessary if you don’t need to use DNxHD files.

In the mixconsole the „Zone Buttons“ got lost.

Thanks for the update - some nice fixes; install was smooth… :sunglasses: :slight_smile:

Anybody getting crashes when trying to export a project?

updated and it works fine, at least for now,
even though i was expecting for warp solution…guess ill have to wait more… :imp:

What is the correct way to backup your Cubase environment?

Installed update from 9.5.3 to 9.5.4. Exported a bunch of wave files as 32-bit (same as previous settings) imported them into Live and they showed up as if they were DC coupled (not sure this is the correct term) and would not play. See screen shot.

Exported the same files from another computer with 9.5.3 installed and it worked fine.

Gonna roll back to 9.5.3. Ugh…