[BUG]Memory leak in N7 and N8 in session with multiple videos

Post general topics related to Nuendo 8 here.
Captain_Dan

[BUG]Memory leak in N7 and N8 in session with multiple videos

Post by Captain_Dan »

I'm working on a project involving multiple short videos on the timeline. After having the project open it's only a matter of time before the memory usage shoots through the roof to the point that either the system crashes or I have to restart Nuendo.

It seems a little random how long it takes or when it starts - sometimes it doesn't happen for hours, just now it happened immediately before I'd done anything at all.

Here's a pic of Task Manager as it's on the way up and you can see that the memory usage has sharply risen to 7gb: https://imgur.com/a/uwGEI0R
For context, memory usage for this project starts at ~750mb and hovers around 1.5gb when it's behaving itself. If I don't close Nuendo quickly enough it eats through all the RAM and tanks my PC.

This has happened in N7 and N8 on both Windows 7 and 10 on two different machines.

Chirgwin

Re: [BUG]Memory leak in N7 and N8 in session with multiple videos

Post by Chirgwin »

Hi captain_Dan! :)

Did you ever find a solution to your problem? That linked graph of yours is almost identical to mine and the problem seems very similar although it's on cubase 10.5.2 Pro.

All the best!

Return to “General”