Artist installation contains plugins from PRO

Use this forum for an overview of issues and to report new ones.
schuchardt

Artist installation contains plugins from PRO

Post by schuchardt » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:12 pm

Hi,

yesterday I installed Cubase Artist 10 and I noticed at least two plugins that should only be available in the Pro version of Cubase:

1. Voxengo's CurveEQ is listed in plugin manager and under the EQ section for audio inserts
voxengo.PNG
(59.61 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Adding it to a track brings up an error message from eLicenser but runs in demo mode. Not sure if this is intended.

2. When starting Halion 6 a dialog pops up that a license for Vintage Verb Collection (for REVerence which isn't available in Artist at all) is missing.
vintage_verb.PNG
(13.5 KiB) Not downloaded yet
This one is a bit annoying since the dialog appears every time Halion 6 is started.

I think that those two plugins should be removed from Artist as they're Pro-only features and not working at all. It would be great to get the Chord Assistant as promsied on the feature page instead ("If you want to specify the first and final chords but don’t know what should go in between? This, also, is possible. The Chord Assistant lists chord suggestions from which you can choose." - this text is shown, when you filter the features for Artist on https://new.steinberg.net/cubase/features/) ;)
Cubase Artist 10.0.5 | Halion 6 | Halion Sonic 3 | Groove Agent 4
Win 10

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Re: Artist installation contains plugins from PRO

Post by Martin.Jirsak » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:16 pm

Hi,

Cubase Pro and Cubase Artist are the same installer and the same executable. Only the license decides what functions/plug-ins you can see and use. So yes, the plug-in is installed, but you shouldn't see it with Cubase Artist license.
Martin Jirsak
How to show notes of the chord/scale only
Cubase Training

Cubase Pro (last officially supported version all the time)
macOS (last update)

racherry

Post by racherry » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:59 pm

I have a similar issue in Artist 10, but a pop up comes up when I start Halion 6 standalone:
---
Some content could not be loaded. Either, licenses are missing, or trial licenses have expired
Vintage Verb Collection
Find our more on how to activate our trial licenses permanently, or remove expired licenses.
OK More Details
----
How do I keep the pop up from occurring?

tedcousens

Post by tedcousens » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:58 pm

Martin.Jirsak wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:16 pm
Hi,

Cubase Pro and Cubase Artist are the same installer and the same executable. Only the license decides what functions/plug-ins you can see and use. So yes, the plug-in is installed, but you shouldn't see it with Cubase Artist license.
Martin, I am getting the same issue- error message re: VVC since upgrading to Artist 10 and Halion 6. How can we make it stop coming up?
Capture.PNG
(17.83 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Post by Martin.Jirsak » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:34 pm

Hi,

I'm sorry, but I don't know by hard, if this package is part of Cubase Artist license.

Make sure you have the latest eLCC application installed, please. Try to start eLCC as administrator and trigger Maintenance.
Martin Jirsak
How to show notes of the chord/scale only
Cubase Training

Cubase Pro (last officially supported version all the time)
macOS (last update)

racherry

Post by racherry » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:47 am

Latest version of eLCC is 6.11.3.1242. It didn't solve the issue.

Return to “Issues”