Fading a recorded track - how to?

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 8, Cubase Artist 8 and Cubase Elements 8 here.
LagunaB

Fading a recorded track - how to?

Post by LagunaB » Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:03 am

I'm new to this. How do I make a recorded track fade out, how to I mark where to start the fade, and how do I set the rate at which it fades?

Many thanks in advance!

Prock
Grand Senior Member

Re: Fading a recorded track - how to?

Post by Prock » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:01 pm

1st post... WELCOME! ;)

One way is to use volume automation.

I would advise that you read the manual for how to use automation. Basically when you hover your cursor near the left bottom area of a track (title area) you will see a downward arrow that says "Show/Hide Automation". Click that and an automation lane will drop down. There you can automate the volume so that you get a nice fade. You can automate basically every parameter by dropping down more automation lanes. But, to use automation you need to know the basics. That's why you need to RTM about it. Have fun!

BTW... you should populate your forum signature with your "stuff".

Regards 8-)
PRock Studio

DAW: Cubase Pro 10.0.40, OS: Win 10 Pro x64, CPU: Intel Core i7 4700K @ 4.0GHz, RAM: 32GB/DDR4/2800MHz, Graphics: 4GB GeForce GTX 960, Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon, AI: PreSonus Studio 192 Mobile, Mic Preamp: PreSonus TubePre, Headphone Amp: PreSonus HP4, Studio Monitors: Mackie MR5, 3rd Party VSTs: GSi VB3-II, SampleTank 3, Amplitube 4, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, EZDrummer 2

https://soundcloud.com/prockstudio

Return to “General”