Dear Cubase v6 users,
Things at Steinberg are moving further! Over the last two months we were busy working on the 6.0.5 maintenance update for Cubase 6, Cubase Artist 6, Cubase Elements 6, Cubase AI 6 and Cubase LE 6 (including everything 6.0.4 offers plus more). Thanks to the last 6.0.4 pre-release and your corresponding feedback we’ve been able to smooth out the odds and ends but also to include new functionality that actually helps you to get the job done more comfortably.
So what’s in store with 6.0.5?*
First, we changed the visibility of automation handles, which are now displayed independently from any zoom level as soon as the mouse cursor is placed over an automation lane. If automation handles are selected, handles on all other automation lanes are displayed as well.
Second, we add full support for two WK-Audio remote control surfaces to ensure seamless Cubase integration: ID-Console and ID-Mix-VU. You can find out more about these two remotes right here: http://www.wk-audio.de/en/home/
Third, we further improved the decoding performance under Windows OS for Motion JPEG OpenDML video in AVI containers as well as Photo JPEG material.
Beyond these new features, the 6.0.5 maintenance update resolves a host of issues and brings the following improvements*:
- 1) Project: "Delete time" command now works properly if signature track is enabled.
- 2) Record: Sample rates different than 44.1 kHz no longer lead to multiplication of lanes due to wrong overlap resolution on project load.
- 3) Record: Recording MIDI in “merge” mode no longer creates additional MIDI parts instead of merging.
- 4) Comping: Copying comped audio events no longer leads to moving instead of copying the events.
- 5) MIDI: Reloading a previously saved project in Cubase Artist no longer disables the input transformer of MIDI Tracks.
- 6) MIDI: Dragging a part no longer leads to inaccessibility on newly created MIDI tracks.
- 7) VST Expression: When playing back in cycle mode all VST Expression commands are executed entirely.
- 8) MediaBay: Enabling the "Align beats to project" and "Wait for project play" options no longer leads to playback issues with loops in the MediaBay previewer.
- 9) MediaBay: Naming folders with dots no longer leads to cropped names in the result view.
- 10) MediaBay: Deleting multiple attributes for an item no longer affects other attributes than those selected.
- 11) MediaBay: When the preference "Scan unknown file types" is active, audio files without file extensions are now properly recognized when scanning.
- 12) VST Bridge: VST 2 32-bit plug-ins in Cubase in 64-bit mode under Mac OS X Lion are now working properly.
- 13) VST Bridge: Under OS X certain plug-ins no longer show up as bridged even though they were updated to support 64-bit.
- 14) Plug-in: The range scale of the Micro Tuner MIDI plug-in now reflects +/-100 Cents accurately.
- 15) Plug-in: When using HALion Sonic SE in GM mode and exporting MIDI tracks, the resulting Standard MIDI files include all program changes.
- 16) Plug-in: Using REVerence as an offline process plug-in now works properly.
- * Please note that this list applies to Cubase 6 and not every entry may apply to Cubase Artist 6, Cubase Elements 6, Cubase AI 6 or Cubase LE 6.
Download Cubase 6.0.5 Update
Download Cubase Artist 6.0.5 Update
Download Cubase Elements 6.0.5 Update
Download Cubase AI 6.0.5 Update
Download Cubase LE 6.0.5 Update
Thanks for choosing Cubase!
Product Marketing Manager Cubase
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH