Sound delay

For users of legacy Steinberg Cubase software
Louise4000

Sound delay

Post by Louise4000 »

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with a problem I am having with my Cubase 5 setup. I currently have Cubase 5 fully installed and licenced on my laptop and I have a Roland piano connected to the system via an Omega midi Interface. The problem I am having is that there is a half second delay to when I press the key on the piano and when I hear the sound. A friend has told me that it's likely to be a problem with Direct Output Monitoring ? Could anyone please give any advice on how to solve this setup ?

Cheers,
Louise ;)

Split
Grand Senior Member

Re: Sound delay

Post by Split »

What is an Omiga midi interface?

Have a look at this topic (currently the one directly under this one)> http://www.steinberg.net/forum/viewtopi ... =19&t=1490
??????Split
Cubase 10|MOTU 16A
Still at it... just!

matjones

Post by matjones »

I would hazard a guess that you mean a lexicon omega interface? http://www.lexiconpro.com/product.php?id=6
If so then you need to lower the buffer size for the interface, either from the control panel software that comes with it or from the devices menu in cubase.

if it's not a lexicon omega then just ignore me ;)
Cubase 10.5.12 Asus Z390-Plus, i9 9900 @ (3.7) 5GHz, 64GB DDR4 3000Mhz RAM, RME Multiface II PCIe, SSL Alpha Channel/Fusion, UAD2 Octo/Solo/Quad, UA6176, Neve 8801/8803, Loads of plugs, WL10, Melodyne Studio 5, Arturia VC7, iZotope MPS, Eventide XI, Various toys, Telefunken, Neumann, AKG, Austrian Audio, Sontronics, Shure Mics, Adam A7X and Avantone monitors, AKG K702, ATH-M70x, Nektar P6, Warwick, Spector Basses, Gibson Les Paul Studio & loads of other junk.

Minds are like parachutes, they work best when they're open.

mesaone

Post by mesaone »

I have a feeling this may be output latency, caused by your soundcard and not by your MIDI setup. Go to Devices menu-> Device Setup and see what latency is listed.

The transmission of MIDI is almost instantaneous. The latency comes into play when the incoming MIDI triggers a device, the resulting sound is processed by your soundcard before it is played back.

Or maybe you know all this and it is a different issue?

Return to “Older Cubase versions”