cubase 5 / nanokontrol 2

For users of legacy Steinberg Cubase software
coconutz

cubase 5 / nanokontrol 2

Post by coconutz » Sun May 12, 2019 12:00 pm

hello! I just bought Nanokontrol2, and now using it with Korg MicroKey & Cubase 5.
I managed to adjust the knobs & faders, so they are responding to VST instruments/effects on the screen.
BUT I found out, it's not always working so well. Like now; I have FreeAlpha synth, and I wanted to have knob3 to respond to Detune, BUT it also changes Oscillator 1 - even it's not at all on my list in Device Setup/Generic Remote. How to fix that? It happened with other instruments also.

Another thing; now when nanoKontrol2 is connected to Cubase, for some reason the Pitch & Mod wheels of microKey are not anymore responding! :O How to make those working again together with nanoKontrol2 ???

I also wrote to Korg forum (first about the problem to connect well the systems together, but after about this same subject as here now): http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/ ... 164#768164

coconutz

Re: cubase 5 / nanokontrol 2

Post by coconutz » Fri May 17, 2019 11:00 am

??? no-one here knows? It's probably common Cubase problem, not only Cubase 5, but I had to choose one are to post this (sadly, one of those which people read less).

coconutz

Post by coconutz » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:44 am

I am still looking the answer for this. It's annoying, because I cannot really control the system as I would like to...

Prock
Grand Senior Member

Post by Prock » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:27 pm

Bumping your post and FWIW...
I tried for a few years to get my NanoKontrol2 to work as I thought it should. It worked sporadically and I had to keep re-setting it up. IMO it was not worth the effort. So now, it is in storage somewhere around here.

Regards 8-)
PRock Studio

DAW: Cubase Pro 10.5, OS: Win 10 Pro x64, CPU: Intel Core i7 4700K @ 4.0GHz, RAM: 32GB/DDR4/2800MHz, Graphics: 4GB GeForce GTX 960, Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon, AI: PreSonus Studio 192 Mobile, Mic Preamp: PreSonus TubePre, Headphone Amp: PreSonus HP4, Studio Monitors: Mackie MR5, 3rd Party VSTs: GSi VB3-II, SampleTank 3, Amplitube 4, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, EZDrummer 2

https://soundcloud.com/prockstudio

Return to “Older Cubase versions”