Preferences locked?

Post general topics related to Nuendo 10 here.
VV

Preferences locked?

Post by VV »

None of the preferences I check the boxes for take effect. When I close the preferences menu and open it back up, all of the preferences I just changed have reverted to the initial state.

What's going on?

Otto Dix

Re: Preferences locked?

Post by Otto Dix »

Same issue here. I am used to save my Preferences but now nothing is kept. The solution I found is to not save Preferences...
I'm interested if this works for you as well.
MacPro 12 x 3,46GHz; 128 Go RAM; internals SSD x 4; macOS 10.12.6; Nuendo 10.3; Cubase Pro 10.5.20
Apogee Symphony system; Console 1

Big K

Post by Big K »

First time in a long time for me having a problem with prefs...
Some of the obviously dedicated shortcuts I see in the menue, which have always been the same and working, are no longer functioning.
I have no urge to start fiddling... Plz.,get it fixed if it is a bug
or send some info about it, in case this is an issue known at SB.
Nuendo 10, WaveLab 9.5, RME, UAD, PoCo, Win10/64 bit, PC i7 3930K, 16GB RAM, Intensity Pro, Melodyne 5, Spectrasonics, VSL, All Brainworx & Plugin Alliance, Genelec 1031 for 5.1, Quested HQ 210, NS10s, sevaW lla, LAWO, Neumanns, Brauners, Sennheisers, Schoeps, Sony DASH3324S, 42 RUs of classic hardware, professionally build and designed studio acoustics. SB-User since Cubase 2.0, Nuendo 1.5, WaveLab 1.5 ...

VV

Post by VV »

I wonder if it has anything to do with moving preferences from the File menu to the Edit menu.

r2d2

Post by r2d2 »

https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-u ... on-Windows

Initializing preferences

Corrupted program preference files can bring your Steinberg program into all kinds of troubles, particularly after installing an update.

Fortunately, refreshing the preferences is quite easy:
  • Close all programs.
  • Open the 'Run' command prompt by pressing the Windows logo key and R on the keyboard simultaneously. The Windows key is located between the keys Ctrl and alt.
    (To open the command prompt on Windows XP select 'Run' from the Start menu.)
  • In the command line of the 'Run' window, enter this path: %appdata%/Steinberg
  • Locate the folder which is named the same as your Steinberg program, for example 'Cubase 8.5'.
  • Rename it (for example, from 'Cubase 8.5' to 'xCubase 8.5') in order to hide it from your Steinberg software. The folder will only be hidden safely, if the change will be done before the original folder name.
  • If you find folders of previous versions of your program, make sure to hide or remove them, too.
Next time you start your Steinberg program it will create a new folder with fresh preferences and default settings - which hopefully fixes the problem you've experienced.

Please note: Make sure to hide or remove preferences folders of all installations of your Steinberg program. Otherwise the program would try to comply with them when creating fresh preferences. And exactly this could be the source of errors.

Initialising the program's preferences does not necessarily mean that you lose all settings. For example if you have defined your own set of key commands that you want to keep you can replace the corresponding file (Key Commands.xml) in the freshly created folder by a copy of the same file taken from the folder you've disabled by renaming.

Alternative ways: Instead of renaming it, you also can move the preferences folder of your program from Steinberg's application data folder to another place, for example the Desktop. You even can simply trash it if you are sure that your user settings are not that hard to rebuild. Another approach: Since in many cases the file 'Defaults.xml' will be the trouble maker you also could try if renaming or deleting only this particular file already solves the problem.

Niekbeem

Post by Niekbeem »

Is this "prefs-not-memorized"-issue related with the issues on my Nuendo?
viewtopic.php?f=291&t=164602

is there a solution for Mac too?
Niek/ Amsterdam.
Nuendo 10 / Pro Tools Ultimate / Logic X / MixBus32C 5 / WaveLab 10
MacPro 5.1: 12Core 3.46GHz Intel Xeon/ 48GB RAM/ Mac OSX 10.13
MacBook Pro: 2.9 GHz Intel Core i9/ 32 GB RAM/ Mac OSX 10.14
MetricHalo ULN8 + 2882 / RME HDSPe MadiFace
Euphonix MC Pro

r2d2

Post by r2d2 »

Return to “General”