Harmonic CursorMarker/Ladder Ruler (Feature Request)

Post questions and find answers on the latest SpectraLayers release here.
AlternativeNose1

Harmonic CursorMarker/Ladder Ruler (Feature Request)

Post by AlternativeNose1 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:03 am

Just purchased Spectralayers and found a lot of great functionality in it so far. I really like the dynamic FFT selection (i.e. being able to drag to adjust the FFT and seeing what you can pick up at certain lengths) as I've not had a program that can do that yet vs from a menu that then re-draws.

Once suggestion that would make SpecraLayers indispensable to me and greatly speed up my editing is having Harmonic Cursors (sometimes called ladder cursors) in the Spectral Markers option.

Two cursors/marker based on harmonics:
-One based from Zero (0 Hz) that expands out to where you click/select in the Spectral Markers/Regions menu (In practise it would be very similar to the harmonic selection tool, but rather than a selection, a permanent Marker based of a fundamental the user picks and the number of harmonics set by the user)
-One Side-banded from a central frequency you can click/select in the Spectral Markers/Regions menu

The only video/photo I can find that demonstrates this is quite an old one. It shows frequency along the bottom vs the side, but the principle is the same.

https://youtu.be/WFmZlLMSeRQ

Hopefully this is possible? Would be a fantastic addition (for me anyways) to the Spectral Layers markers available.

Return to “SpectraLayers 6”