Is there a way of selecting/editing multiple automation points without creating "jumps"?

Post general topics related to Nuendo 10 here.
JohannesBerglund

Is there a way of selecting/editing multiple automation points without creating "jumps"?

Post by JohannesBerglund » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:46 am

When selecting a couple of automation points on a curve and changing gain for all of them, there is a "range" applied that creates a jumps at the first and last points.

(While I can se situations where that is what you want) The old behaviour was that no new points were added and a soft transition with unselected surrounding points were maintained.

Can you still do automation edits like before somehow?

Best regards,
Johannes
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nuendo 10.2.0 - Cubase Pro 9.0.1 - OSX Mojave 10.14.6
Mac Pro 5.1 12 core - 48GB - RX580 GPU - RME UFX+

JohannesBerglund

Re: Is there a way of selecting/editing multiple automation points without creating "jumps"?

Post by JohannesBerglund » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:15 pm

To clarify. Selecting multiple automation points with the object selection tool also creates a range selection over the selected points. If I want a range selected, I’d use the range tool.

this is new behaviour (since N7 anyway) and doesn’t make sense or correspond with how the function is described in the manual. A Bug?

Best regards,
Johannes
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JohannesBerglund

Re: Is there a way of selecting/editing multiple automation points without creating "jumps"?

Post by JohannesBerglund » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm

Ok, I get it now. If you select multipe poinds and drag one of them you get the ”old” behaviour.

Really like the options you have now!

/j

Christian van Caine

Post by Christian van Caine » Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:03 pm

Awesome! I'm still not fully happy with this approach, how it reacts to these kinds of adjustment should really be an optional setting, but this sure was good news none the less :-)

Tack för tipset mon!
https://abrokenlinemovie.blogspot.com/

Nuendo 10.2, Wavelab 9.5, Sound Forge Pro 12, Pro 24 III and Cubase 2.01/3.0 (Atari), full Adobe CS6-suite, Plugins from MAAT, Millennia, Eventide, Dolby, Weiss, Sound Toys, Izotope, SSL, and AudioEase to name a few.
Windows 10 Pro, Xeon 8-core, ASUS X99 E, Prism Sound Titan, Black Magic Intensity PCIe, Atari MEGA 4 STe with MIDEX+, every kind of hand-held (DPA/phone) known to man, Amiga 600 and a few 500, Commodore 64' and 128's. I am NOT getting into what I use on these, that would take a list of its own.
As much hardware gear, synthesizers, and sounding toys as I can possibly get my paws on. Including for the micro-computers.

Return to “General”