AAF production sound relink

Post general topics related to Nuendo 10 here.
Mike S

AAF production sound relink

Post by Mike S » Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:36 am

Hello,

Can N10 load an AAF (no embedded audio) an link up to the production audio files? As in Pro Tools.

cheers,

Mike
Mike
Nuendo 10.2 Win 10 64 Pro,i9-9900K,Asus TUF Z390 Plus, 16 G DDR4 RAM, NVS510 GUI, Intensity Pro Video ,WK ID Console, RME Fireface UFX, UAD-2.

ErikG

Re: AAF production sound relink

Post by ErikG » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:36 am

Yes using Field Recorder Audio Import.
Like PT Field recorder workflow, It Depends on getting files with actual and correct metadata from the NLE. Some NLEs are not so good with that.

BUT unlike PTs system there are ways to relink only using file names and description and limited data like duration. So linking problematic files is easier than in PT. However it will take a little to get to understand.
Filmlance, a Swedish production company producing drama and feature films.
11xNuendo, 5xPT
Dubstage with 4k Christie projection
8xMedia Composer, VFX, online, grading and more

Mike S

Post by Mike S » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:05 pm

Thanks Erik, will investigate.
Mike
Nuendo 10.2 Win 10 64 Pro,i9-9900K,Asus TUF Z390 Plus, 16 G DDR4 RAM, NVS510 GUI, Intensity Pro Video ,WK ID Console, RME Fireface UFX, UAD-2.

koedfilms

Post by koedfilms » Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:57 am

I"m having trouble playing the audio in preview mode. I hit the spacebar and the time line plays audio fine, but when I go to the preview on the take I want to replace in the poly file it won't play back.... neither will the original file in the "field recorder audio folders. please help

HenkSPOOK

Post by HenkSPOOK » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:40 pm

But unlike in PT it seems impossible to do this only on the basis of timecode. So when editors work with the audio from the camera there is no similar metadata between the audio in the aaf (camera audio) and the production audio from the field recorder. I would really appreciate a proper implementation of importing field recorder audio only on the basis of similar timecode stretches.

Return to “General”