Dead Forum Society

General discussions on songwriting, mixing, music business and other music related topics.
More Cowbell

Dead Forum Society

Post by More Cowbell »

Why do I feel Steinberg lost their active faithful forum members? No new information. Where are the love for cubase? using others software? Or simple making music with cubase? :-) Hmm I am looking at that apollo UAD card with PT10. Soon...

curteye
External Moderator

Re: Dead Forum Society

Post by curteye »

More Cowbell wrote:Where are the love for cubase?
Sending much love and Aloha to Cubase. :)
{'-'}
If yer gear ain't breakin down, you aint workin' much.

iMac 5K 4.2Gz 16GB
MBP 3.0Gz......16GB

On the side of a volcano in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

Bane

Post by Bane »

Like who? Nate?
Asus R500A-RS52, Windows 8, 2.6gHz i5 -3230M, 6GB RAM,

Cubase Artist 7.0.6, Wavelab Elements 7, Focusrite Scarlett 8i6, The Grand 3, Melodyne Essential, Superior Drummer, EZDrummer and Pop! EZX, Samson CO1, Yamaha P-35, Mackie MR5mk2 monitors, and more....

My tunes on: Soundcloud

JMCecil
Grand Senior Member

Post by JMCecil »

Seize the Fish!
cpu:i7 6950x - RAM:128gb - OS:Win 10 - Interfaces:Lynx Aurora, Komplete Audio 6 - MIDI:Midisport 4x4, Quadra Thru
Steiny Suff: CMC:FD,CH,TP,QC,PD | Wavelab 9 | Cubase VST-32->9 | H5, GA4, HSO, Padshop Pro, Cubasis, iC Pro

goddfodder

Post by goddfodder »

I gotta admit, ive taken a break from forum participation for a little while. And my first reaction when coming back is this forum seems to have really slowed. Its a shame cos its a a good one. Its still ticking over, but its def not as active as it once was.

ON the other hand my other impression is its not as *witch* and argumentative as Gearslutz. This forum is much nicer. has a great vibe and members are very helpful. Just wish it was a tad more active.
Cubase 7/6/5/4 ~ i7 950 ~ Asus P6X58D-E ~ 12Gb DDR3 1600Mhz ~ ATI Radeon HD 5850 ~ 2T Samsung ~ Akasa Nero S ~ Win 7 (64) ~ Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 ~ Yamaha KX 25, Yamaha KX 49, Novation Impulse 61.~ Yamaha HS80's.

Jack

Post by Jack »

Steve Fogal wrote:To each their own but for me many threads currently active don't interest me...such as the floods of the next Cubase carrot release around the corner & endless feature requests. Seems to me they'd be in the most current Cubase version specific forum in which I don't bother with.

I can assume certain subjects are lacking individual interest, people are making more music (I certainly am), certain long time well liked members have left, or have been banned...or all of the above ...plus.

Acunamatada :)

Yes, but unfortunately they were knowledgeable people who have, on occasion, helped me enormously. When is the last time a mod helped you? Me-- never. Or are you like so many others that rely on members for assistance?

philter2011

Post by philter2011 »

Yep, bit of a graveyard round here of late. Infact, since this new forum was introduced. Gotta accept that that's what Steinberg want. More action available in other places; Number 6 has his own forum, Gearslutz has a nice balance of stupid and very helpful, there are more 8-)
Dome

Cheese

curteye
External Moderator

Post by curteye »

Don't look back!
Something might be gaining' on ya!

—Satchel Paige
If yer gear ain't breakin down, you aint workin' much.

iMac 5K 4.2Gz 16GB
MBP 3.0Gz......16GB

On the side of a volcano in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

Strophoid
Grand Senior Member

Post by Strophoid »

Ah well, we manage. At least I can still keep up with the posts, wasn't always like that.
Software: Steinberg Cubase Pro 8 64-bit.
Hardware: Intel i5 6600, 16Gb DDR3, Win7 64-bit
Mackie Onyx 1620i - Steinberg Midex 8 - Steinberg CC121.

My humble contributions to what could be considered music.

Conman

Post by Conman »

They all left college and got jobs. :mrgreen:
Asus P6T deluxe; Core i7 920 2.67gHz; 12gig ram; Win7 Pro SP1; Roland Octa-Capture usb inteface; Cubase 6; and no 3rd party additions couple of hard drives PSU 750watt; NVidia GE Force 9600.
"An entrepreneur accepts that the world is the way that it is and goes about changing it rather than waiting for someone to make it easy for them."

johngar

Post by johngar »

philter2011 wrote:Yep, bit of a graveyard round here of late. ....
This is nothing compared to the Nuendo forum. I was looking forward to being part of the Nuendo forum but it is even more of a graveyard. Days go by by with no new posts, very disappointing.
:roll:
PC | Nuendo 10 | i7-4930k | Win10 | 32gb ram | Intensity Pro | Radeon HD7700 | RME9632 | Euphonix MC Control -Mix - Transport | Generic

artifactdetroit.com

Mr M

Post by Mr M »

philter2011 wrote:Yep, bit of a graveyard round here of late. Infact, since this new forum was introduced. Gotta accept that that's what Steinberg want. More action available in other places; Number 6 has his own forum, Gearslutz has a nice balance of stupid and very helpful, there are more 8-)

I agree with this. Overall after a number of years its easy to see how hard it is to run a balanced forum. If you keep it very open (circa 2001 - 2005) you can wind up with a lot of hysterical loudmouths who spend all day slamming the warez versions of products that you make. Of course when its that open , you also get a lot of good ,helpful and productive posters. We can all think of posters that we regret were banned or miss seeing posts but then at least I can think of some who should have been banned years before they were.And its all so subjective.

I don't spend that much time posting in music forums these days.
i7-3930k @3.20Ghz 16gb Win7 64x Cubase 7 Komplete8 Maschine Axon50 and 11 hardware synths

Paul Bryce

Post by Paul Bryce »

Conman wrote:They all left college and got jobs. :mrgreen:
Or some of us got old and retired....
Near the Rockies, Alberta

Woodcrest Studio

Post by Woodcrest Studio »

johngar wrote:
philter2011 wrote:Yep, bit of a graveyard round here of late. ....
This is nothing compared to the Nuendo forum. I was looking forward to being part of the Nuendo forum but it is even more of a graveyard. Days go by by with no new posts, very disappointing.
:roll:

It will be even deader over on the Nuendo side once my Nuendo license sells :? (not that I posted that much there anyway)

Heck, I haven't been very active here either due to a packed schedule.

Split
Grand Senior Member

Post by Split »

You're taking about the Music Lounge... right?

The other parts of the forum seem to be alive and well, after all this is what the Steinberg forums is for, users to help users is it not?
??????Split
Cubase 10|MOTU 16A
Still at it... just!

HowlingUlf

Post by HowlingUlf »

what about a lounge for for everybody?
Wasn't it like that in the blue old forum?
Gothenburg, Sweden
Steinberg Cubase Pro 10.5 | Steinberg WaveLab 10 | Steinberg Absolute 4 | Steinberg SpectralLayers 6
Win10 63.5 Pro | ASUS ATX Z170-P | Intel Core i7-6700K Skylake | 32GB RAM |
Nektar Panorama P6 | | Steinberg Midex8 | Steinberg UR824 |

philter2011

Post by philter2011 »

HowlingUlf wrote:what about a lounge for for everybody?
Indeed but it was ruined by religion, political discussions and name calling :roll:
Dome

Cheese

Audiocave

Post by Audiocave »

It's not dead. It's just taking a long nap until the next iteration of "the shiny". :mrgreen:

HowlingUlf

Post by HowlingUlf »

philter2011 wrote:
HowlingUlf wrote:what about a lounge for for everybody?
Indeed but it was ruined by religion, political discussions and name calling :roll:
Those humans! :twisted:
Gothenburg, Sweden
Steinberg Cubase Pro 10.5 | Steinberg WaveLab 10 | Steinberg Absolute 4 | Steinberg SpectralLayers 6

thermionic

Post by thermionic »

The trouble is that Cubase just got too darn slick and reliable. These days it's only the updates that cause brief moments of excitement, when something stops working, or changes colour. The forum comes briefly back to life but problems get solved so quickly these days.

Oh, for that old BSOD, or Berylium figuratively slicing up some poor unsuspecting newbie... :( :lol:

Mr M

Post by Mr M »

thermionic wrote:The trouble is that Cubase just got too darn slick and reliable. These days it's only the updates that cause brief moments of excitement, when something stops working, or changes color

Oh, for that old BSOD, or Berylium figuratively slicing up some poor unsuspecting newbie... :( :lol:

Thats my point; when you take warez users out of the equation you get a better view of how well Cubase works and less screamers. It was never as bad as some made it out to be over the years and I suspect that many screamers just couldn't figure out their downloaded copy
i7-3930k @3.20Ghz 16gb Win7 64x Cubase 7 Komplete8 Maschine Axon50 and 11 hardware synths

thermionic

Post by thermionic »

Mr M - I agree with your point - but you changed my "colour" to "color"! Cheek!

:evil: :roll: :lol:

HowlingUlf

Post by HowlingUlf »

thermionic wrote:Mr M - I agree with your point - but you changed my "colour" to "color"! Cheek!

Oh, wait! 'll get the pop corn!

:mrgreen:
Gothenburg, Sweden

Mr M

Post by Mr M »

thermionic wrote:Mr M - I agree with your point - but you changed my "colour" to "color"! Cheek!

Ha! You noticed ;very sharp. Just an accident as I started to delete what you wrote in order to focus the quote but screwed and retyped. "Colour" is much classier!

HowlingUlf

Post by HowlingUlf »

Mr M wrote:

Ha! You noticed ;very sharp. Just an accident as I started to delete what you wrote in order to focus the quote but screwed and retyped. "Colour" is much classier!
Damn! there goes the popcorn! :evil:

I'm outta here, going skiing for a week! 8-)
Gothenburg, Sweden

Return to “Steinberg Lounge”