How to Append "Folder Name" to Tracks

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 10, Cubase Artist 10 and Cubase Elements 10 here.
kabervasuki

How to Append "Folder Name" to Tracks

Post by kabervasuki »

So, I've got a PLE preset I use to append strings to multiple tracks at the same time. However, each time I do this, I have to launch PLE and enter the string parameter.

I'd like to be able to bind this batch append function to a key-command and have Cubase auto generate some kind of name. For example attached the folder name to all the selected tracks.

Otherwise, having a pop up text box where I can enter the parameter string is also a good option.

Is there a way to do this?

raino
Grand Senior Member

Re: How to Append "Folder Name" to Tracks

Post by raino »

Can you post a pic of your PLE?
rodger

Cubase Pro 11, Win10 Home, Halion6, Groove Agent 5, WaveLab Pro 10, BFD3, GPO, Komplete Ultimate 9, Waves Gold, Misc. other

i7 4771 Haswell Processor 3.5GHz, ADK LGA1150, 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX970, RME Fireface 400, 2x UAD-2

Latest: Bawdy Politik https://rodgerraino.bandcamp.com/releases

kabervasuki

Post by kabervasuki »

raino wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:01 pm
Can you post a pic of your PLE?
PLE.png
(283.86 KiB) Not downloaded yet

stingray

Post by stingray »

No, AFAIK you won't be able to automatically enter the folder name in PLE. You'd have to enter the name in your PLE preset manually.

kabervasuki

Post by kabervasuki »

stingray wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:27 am
No, AFAIK you won't be able to automatically enter the folder name in PLE. You'd have to enter the name in your PLE preset manually.

So I was told on another forum that I can enter "Date" and the date would appear. It worked. What other things can I autogenerate like that? I tried to find a this info in the manual, but I was unable to.

stingray

Post by stingray »

kabervasuki wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:52 pm
So I was told on another forum that I can enter "Date" and the date would appear. It worked.
Yes, the Date variable is used in one of the factory presets and I suppose it's an easy target for autogeneration since it's available on any computer. I don't know if there are any other variables available.

kabervasuki

Post by kabervasuki »

stingray wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:13 pm
kabervasuki wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:52 pm
So I was told on another forum that I can enter "Date" and the date would appear. It worked.
Yes, the Date variable is used in one of the factory presets and I suppose it's an easy target for autogeneration since it's available on any computer. I don't know if there are any other variables available.
Oh well. Thanks anyway.

raino
Grand Senior Member

Post by raino »

If you standardized on a common set of words to append you could create a different PLE for each word. Then just run the specific PLE which appends the desired word/text.

Append ABC
Append XYZ
Append Good
Append Bad
Append Ugly
etc...

I do something similar to have the PLE set 60+ different colors
rodger

Cubase Pro 11, Win10 Home, Halion6, Groove Agent 5, WaveLab Pro 10, BFD3, GPO, Komplete Ultimate 9, Waves Gold, Misc. other

i7 4771 Haswell Processor 3.5GHz, ADK LGA1150, 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX970, RME Fireface 400, 2x UAD-2

Latest: Bawdy Politik https://rodgerraino.bandcamp.com/releases

Return to “General”