cannot see the eq/inserts window (e) after upgrading

For users of legacy Steinberg Cubase software
ILOGIK

cannot see the eq/inserts window (e) after upgrading

Post by ILOGIK » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:48 pm

Hi ive just upgraded to 6.5 and i cannot view the eq/inserts window. This is the window that you press the e sign to open up on each mixer channel. when i press it there is a white boarder around the whole screen so it is doing something but i just cannot find the window within that...

help , this is very annoying as i cant do anything without this.

hope someone can help

Grim
Grand Senior Member

Re: cannot see the eq/inserts window (e) after upgrading

Post by Grim » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:35 pm

Did you close the mixer to check it hasn't opened behind it....if so just set it to always on top.

Or might it have opened offscreen? I use sheepdog software to find lost windows so if anything opens offscreen I just hit a key command to reposition it.

Not quite sure what you mean by the white border around the whole screen....if the above doesn't help you'll need to elaborate.
i7 5820k @3.7Ghz, 16Gb, W10Pro, Cubase 9.0x, Cubase 8.5.x, Audient iD22, Zoom UAC-2, Wavelab Elements 9.x, Nektar Impact GX61

ILOGIK

Post by ILOGIK » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:46 pm

hi thanks for the reply, no its not behind any of the windows that open, ive checked. im sure its opened off screen but i just cant find it.

when i say white boarder i mean the scrolling arrows so something happens, the window is somewhere but not sure where... what is the sheepdog software as that sounds like a solution?

speak soon

Crotchety

Post by Crotchety » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:03 pm

White windows generally mean you're running out of usable memory. What are you running on? In the meantime try creating a new project with no load and see if you have the same problem.
Instruments: Piano/keys, Guitar, Mandolin, Vocal
Current Sounds: Cactus Juice (@Soundcloud) - Former Sounds: Ask Murt (@MySpace)

Every day's a skool day...

ILOGIK

Post by ILOGIK » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:14 pm

ive just found it and now all is ok now ive moved it . for some reason the cubase base screen was very big and it was placed is a silly place. now found it so thanks for your answers, much appreciated.

Return to “Older Cubase versions”