Cubase 6.5 and 6.51 will not shut down on my computer

For users of legacy Steinberg Cubase software
qphonix

Cubase 6.5 and 6.51 will not shut down on my computer

Post by qphonix »

I just purchased Cubase 6.5 and installed it on my windows 7 64 os computer. Everything works fine with the program until I try to shut it down and it just freezes. I end up closing it with the task manager which I should not have to do everytime I want to use cubase. I tried in reinstall the program several times with the no luck. Both 32 and 64 bit verizons have the same problem. Is it just me or is anyone else having a issue like this. I feel like I just wasted a bunch money on this program.

Shinta215

Re: Cubase 6.5 and 6.51 will not shut down on my computer

Post by Shinta215 »

When this happens, it can usually be attributed to a piece of hardware or a plugin not behaving.

System specs?
Third-party plugins?
Hardware?

qphonix

Post by qphonix »

My system specs are:

Hp h8-1380t computer
intel i7 3820 3.6 4 core
10 gb memory
2 hard drives
m audio 1814 interface
waves and native instruments plugins

After futher testing of the program I also found cubase will crash when I switch waves plugins on one track.
So at this point this program is completely useless.
My setup has not had any problems running other Daw software.

Shinta215

Post by Shinta215 »

qphonix wrote:waves and native instruments plugins
What version? (32 or 64 bit)
qphonix wrote:I also found cubase will crash when I switch waves plugins on one track.
Interesting....

There have been some reported issues with Waves in the past (https://www.steinberg.net/forum/viewtop ... 19&t=20793).

Post by Guest »

My computer resembles yours - see specs in my signature - and I too have someWaves plug-ins: metaflanger and H-Delay.
I also have known the freezes you talk about.

Waves is not situated in Program Files, but in Program Files (x86) which means 32-bit. Its 32-bit dll ( VSTi2.X ) is inside the VSTi in Program Files (x86) , the 64bit version in Program Files VSTPlugins. Don't forget to add that folder in Cubase

One more thing: Native Instruments' installers always place a .dll in the Program Liles (x86). Their 64bit versions are in Program Files \ Native Instruments\VSTPlugins 64 bit. Don't forget to point Cubase at that folder also!

And take a look at the plug-in manager (devices). It gives all the info you need, also on a plug-in being 32bit.

In case you need to use 32bit plug-ins, JBridge is your firend, and its developer is very helpful to solve your problems.

succes!

Erik

Post by Guest »

May I add that if I had serious problems getting authorisation for Waves Plugins, so bad that I had to fully re-install Windows and all applications? Tech-help was clear and concise : it's your computer.

As soon as money allows, these plug-ins will be the first to be replaced.

qphonix

Post by qphonix »

Thank you to everyone for their replys.

The problems I am having are on both verizons 32 and 64 bit.

I am sorry to hear that you had to reinstall your whole operating sytem. I have verzion 9 waves which was a very easy installation. I do not have experience with any other verizons.

I guess I learned my lesson to never buy anything before I demo it. Cubase demo required a elicenser which I did not have.

So my solution for now is to uninstall the program and wait for a update. Thanks to steinberg for wasting my entire day with this installation. I think that it is pretty lame that they would release 6.5 with all of these problems. I'm going back to ableton Live 8.3 which runs flawlessly.

hikarateboy

Post by hikarateboy »

If you do get an e-licenser, Make sure you don't have your it inserted in to an usb 3.0 port. Terrible issues that resemble this when I did that. moving to a 2.0 port fixed it.
Running the latest version of Cubase on Win 10, AMD Ryzen 7, 40 gigs Ram, 3 displays, RME 5296, 24 ch of A/D - I/O, CC121, Numerous plugins from UAD, Slate, Soundtoys, Waves, etc. Bunches of outboard analog pres and compressors.

qphonix

Post by qphonix »

Thanks Shinta215, The problem was the Waves verizon 9 plugins as soon as I uninstalled them everything is working fine. Any tips on making Waves verizon 9 plugins work with cubase 6.5?

Shinta215

Post by Shinta215 »

qphonix wrote:Any tips on making Waves verizon 9 plugins work with cubase 6.5?
Unfortunately, no.
I don't have Waves.

I've seen some users say to make sure that your video drivers are up-to-date, but I think that was for graphical glitches.

Return to “Older Cubase versions”