Cubase and IK Philharmonik

For users of legacy Steinberg Cubase software
Fco. Luis

Cubase and IK Philharmonik

Post by Fco. Luis » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:07 pm

I'm trying to run IK Philharmonik with cubase but this one doesn't respond to program change. Any idea to change the midi channel in cubase in the same track? I don't want to create an individual track to each sound. I'm thinking of giving back this IK instrument.

Re: Cubase and IK Philharmonik

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:21 pm

Do you use an instrument track or the VST Instruments panel?

Fco. Luis

Post by Fco. Luis » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:46 am

Like vst instrument from the panel

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:08 am

You can change the MIDI channel of a track, on the fly, with the Generic Remote.

Baard

Post by Baard » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:02 pm

Try this: http://www.kameli.net/ykismusic/keyswitch/
If you want some ready made multi setups for each instrument, try theese: http://www.esoundz.com/freesoundz.php
(Scroll down to where it says New! 50 Free Combis for Miroslav Philharmonik)

First post btw! :)

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:29 pm

Fco. Luis wrote:I'm trying to run IK Philharmonik with cubase but this one doesn't respond to program change. Any idea to change the midi channel in cubase in the same track? I don't want to create an individual track to each sound. I'm thinking of giving back this IK instrument.
The IK plug-ins don't respond to program change events by default, but you can set up a program change table. It's in the manual somewhere (I can't remember how off-hand).

janamdo

Post by janamdo » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:44 pm

Fco. Luis wrote:I'm trying to run IK Philharmonik with cubase but this one doesn't respond to program change. Any idea to change the midi channel in cubase in the same track? I don't want to create an individual track to each sound. I'm thinking of giving back this IK instrument.
You load the philharmonic VST in vst panel--no midi channel assigning, than you add midi channels to the Philharmonic VST..and add a philharmonic sound to the midi channel.

Now you do have a multitimbral vsti and only one instance loaded for 16 midichannels..now you can make a template
You can add a second philharmonic Vsti..than you get 32 midichannels ..and so on

Than you can make a expressionmap for Philharmonic for adding articulations sound in the keyeditor

For a any midi channel you can choosy any sound in Philharmonic and working with a orchestral template is better..than you make the setup one time and you can use over and over again
expressionmap examples here : http://www.rivetedstudios.com/component ... ?Itemid=32, but no philharmonic, perhaps somewhere else?

I don't have a manual for Philharmonic so i don't know what keys to use for keyswitches and how the articulations are setup

Return to “Older Cubase versions”