Export Markers to CSV or Text?

For users of legacy Steinberg Cubase software
feeserface

Export Markers to CSV or Text?

Post by feeserface » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:06 pm

Hey all,

I have spotted a movie with a client and made marker tracks at the correct positions in the timeline/arrange window. Is it possible to export the marker track as either a csv file or a text file to save some typing time?

Thanks
F
Cubase 10.0.50 - Win10 - intel i7 5960x 8core - Asus x99 Deluxe USB 3.1 - 64gb Corsair Vengeance Memory - Samsung m.2 256 for System - various ssd and drives for samples.

alexis
Grand Senior Member

Re: Export Markers to CSV or Text?

Post by alexis » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:50 pm

feeserface wrote:Hey all,

I have spotted a movie with a client and made marker tracks at the correct positions in the timeline/arrange window. Is it possible to export the marker track as either a csv file or a text file to save some typing time?

Thanks
F
Hi - I see this is about to fall off the front page so I'll answer partially -

the Index of the Operations Manual directs you to the right page with the instructions. Sorry I don't remember exactly how I did it, but I do remember that it was pretty painless by following those instructions.

Hope it works for you, maybe someone else will come along and give you a step-by-step.
Alexis

-Cubase "Safe Start Mode" (CTRL-ALT-SHIFT)
-Get variable-tempo audio to follow a grid here,
-Replacing freely-timed section into a variable tempo project

Cubase 9.0.20; i5-4570 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM; W10 Pro 64-bit on Samsung SSD 840 Pro 256GB; Seagate 1TB SATA 600 Audio; UR28M; Motif8; UAD-2 Solo; Jamstix 3.6; RevoicePro3.3; EZDrummer 2

feeserface

Post by feeserface » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:03 pm

Thanks, all I see is the ability to export the markers as a midi file or track archiv (143-144) I was hoping there's a way to export a text/csv file.
Cubase 10.0.50 - Win10 - intel i7 5960x 8core - Asus x99 Deluxe USB 3.1 - 64gb Corsair Vengeance Memory - Samsung m.2 256 for System - various ssd and drives for samples.

alexis
Grand Senior Member

Post by alexis » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:18 pm

feeserface wrote:Thanks, all I see is the ability to export the markers as a midi file or track archiv (143-144) I was hoping there's a way to export a text/csv file.
If all your looking to do is bring them from one project to another, might be worth tryihng to exporting/re-importing the track archiv. For other purposes, sorry I am not familiar with that ...
Alexis

-Cubase "Safe Start Mode" (CTRL-ALT-SHIFT)
-Get variable-tempo audio to follow a grid here,
-Replacing freely-timed section into a variable tempo project

Cubase 9.0.20; i5-4570 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM; W10 Pro 64-bit on Samsung SSD 840 Pro 256GB; Seagate 1TB SATA 600 Audio; UR28M; Motif8; UAD-2 Solo; Jamstix 3.6; RevoicePro3.3; EZDrummer 2

Woodcrest Studio

Post by Woodcrest Studio » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:48 am

feeserface wrote:Hey all,

Thanks
F
Nuendo does this, Cubase does not.

feeserface

Post by feeserface » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:18 pm

Thanks Tom.

maxmin

Post by maxmin » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:46 pm

Bumping this up. There must be some way to export marker names with their IDs and timecodes.
I mean – in the end it's just text. It would be perfect if we could just hit CTRL-C to copy the text to the clipboard.

I have lots of markers which I have to export to a Google Doc and I'm using a OCR software to do this.
Anyone knows a better way?

Tim Andrews

Post by Tim Andrews » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:08 pm

After exporting as a midi file, you could then convert the midifile into a more usable format. This free app might be of use http://www.tima.uk.com/midianal.htm

Early Reflexions

Post by Early Reflexions » Thu May 19, 2016 10:14 pm

Heya,

I'm bumping this topic because that was a feature I was really looking for... And well, tired of waiting or not being able to find it, I've just... coded it.

Here it is. Hope you guys enjoy !

http://www.sebastienrenault.com/cuesheet/

Cheers.
myWeb

----- My little free tools ----
!! Cubase Marker track to Cuesheet !!
!! Batch create tracks from CSV !!

galoz

Post by galoz » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:54 pm

Early Reflexions wrote:Heya,

I'm bumping this topic because that was a feature I was really looking for... And well, tired of waiting or not being able to find it, I've just... coded it.

Cheers.
:D Thanks!!
Cubase 9.5.3 pro
Windows 7 64bits - Core i5 - SSD - 8Gb - Motu PCI 424 - Motu 2408MKiii - Motu 1296 -

chikitin

Post by chikitin » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:53 am

Early Reflexions wrote:
Thu May 19, 2016 10:14 pm
Heya,

Cheers.
That is not what is requested! The input file is MIDI and output should be .csv.
Laptop: iMac, 16GB RAM SSD 2TB, Cubase Pro 10.5.5 on Mojave, the latest w/ two external Monitors
NI Komplete 5, EWQLSO,HSO, GA 5
Synths: Yamaha PSR-A3000, Roland Fantom XR
Interface: Steinberg MR-816CSX
Effects: Rocktron DSP, Lexicon MPX 550
Controller: Steinberg CC121, Yamaha KX25,49,88, Korg Nano Kontrol, Boss RC 300, Yamaha MFC 10

DaveCarusoMusic

Post by DaveCarusoMusic » Fri May 03, 2019 2:24 am

I want this feature too!

It seems like some people reading this thread didn't understand the original request. Here is my specific case, which is similar but I only need the labels.

I record a podcast in Cubase. While editing the audio, I place markers in a marker track, labeling each topic in the interview.

I want to post a list of the topics discussed in the interview. It would be a piece of cake to do that if I could run a function from the Markers window that exports the list of marker labels (with or without associated marker data) to a file.
Windows 10, Cubase Pro 10, Halion 6, The Grand 3

mcdebugger

Post by mcdebugger » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:18 pm

So is there any suggestion to do this in Cubase?

zoomart

Post by zoomart » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:03 pm

DaveCarusoMusic wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 2:24 am
I want this feature too!

It seems like some people reading this thread didn't understand the original request. Here is my specific case, which is similar but I only need the labels.

I record a podcast in Cubase. While editing the audio, I place markers in a marker track, labeling each topic in the interview.

I want to post a list of the topics discussed in the interview. It would be a piece of cake to do that if I could run a function from the Markers window that exports the list of marker labels (with or without associated marker data) to a file.
well... the online tool which Early Reflexions've created generates cue sheet from exported marker track. Just ignore timecode and unnecessary data and here it is.

DaveCarusoMusic

Post by DaveCarusoMusic » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:58 pm

zoomart wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:03 pm

well... the online tool which Early Reflexions've created generates cue sheet from exported marker track. Just ignore timecode and unnecessary data and here it is.
Interesting. I've bookmarked the page. I'd be interested in a local file rather than sharing my data online. Thank you so much for your help!
Windows 10, Cubase Pro 10, Halion 6, The Grand 3

kabervasuki

Post by kabervasuki » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:01 pm

Early Reflexions wrote:
Thu May 19, 2016 10:14 pm
Heya,

Cheers.
Thanks a lot for this. It saved me a massive amount of time on my latest project. Made a tiny donation to show my appreciation too. Hope this becomes an official Cubase feature at some point, but until this - this tool is perfect.

Return to “Older Cubase versions”