crossgrade Nuendo 5.5 to Cubase 7

General discussions on songwriting, mixing, music business and other music related topics.
Glenn

crossgrade Nuendo 5.5 to Cubase 7

Post by Glenn »

I don't really need Nuendo specific features anymore and I'm looking to switch to Cubase as I don't have NEK. Isn't there any cross grade offers from Steinberg?
Cubase 10.5 PRO latest build, Windows 10 PRO 64bit build 2004, RME Hammerfall 96/52, Ryzen 3900x, Asus X-470 Mainboard 32GB ram, Samsung 970 NVME M.2 PRO, 2x UAD-2 Quad, Benchmark DAC-1, Apogee AD16, Millenia 4 HV3D, SSL XLogic Alpha, Universal Audio LA 610, Focusrite ISA428, Avalon AD2022, Brauner Phantom, Shure, Sennheiser EVO series, AKG C414, Electro Voice RE-20, JZ Blackhole and then some

Melosch

Re: crossgrade Nuendo 5.5 to Cubase 7

Post by Melosch »

Hi Glenn,

unfortunately we do not offer any crossgrades from Nuendo to Cubase currently. Probably a NEK would be the cheapest solution for you.

Thanks.
Cheers,

Melanie Becker
Export Channel Manager

Breeze

Re: crossgrade Nuendo 5.5 to Cubase 7

Post by Breeze »

This has come up before. It would be nice but the price differential between the products makes it absurd. Any crossgrade offer would have to include a refund! And a Nuendo user taking a huge loss and giving up their Nuendo license for Cubase makes no sense.

What does make sense is for a Nuendo user to independently sell their Nuendo license (which is currently allowed) and then buy a Cubase license. Now's probably a good time to do this as many might consider getting Nuendo 5 second hand and upgrading it to N6 as a good financial move. With N5 still selling at around $1800, you could buy lots of plugins and VSTi's with the extra money... ;)

Return to “Steinberg Lounge”