Piano staff question

For users of legacy Steinberg Cubase software
ScottMax

Piano staff question

Post by ScottMax » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:01 am

I'm scoring a piano part with a grand staff. I can set the split point but I would like to vary the split point from bar to bar. Sometimes I want notes around middle C to be in the bass clef and other times in the treble clef. Can I select the notes in question and assign them to a clef? I know this can be done but forgot how to do that. Thanks!
ScottMax

ScottMax

Re: Piano staff question

Post by ScottMax » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:50 am

I can now move bass clef notes into the treble clef (right click or control click gives me that option) but they are still stemmed to the bass clef notes and I can't get them stemmed properly with the treble clef notes yet. This would help 'cause the bass clef notes are played with the left hand and the treble clef notes played with the right. I would like my split point to vary from bar to bar.
ScottMax

-steve-
External Moderator

Post by -steve- » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:59 am

Set up your staff as polyphonic, with one voice for each staff. Then set channels to assign them to a clef.
independent manufacturer rep
cubase pro, nuendo, and dorico pro; latest versions
windows pro 10 | i7-3770k | ga-77x-ud5h | 32 Gb | UR-RT2 | k-mix audio interface
hp spectre x360 2018 | 16 Gb

ScottMax

Post by ScottMax » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:28 am

Thanks SteveInChicago! If I have any more q's I'll post again.... :)
ScottMax

ScottMax

Post by ScottMax » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:55 am

Polyphonic staff is working for me, with 1 voice for each staff. If I have notes in the lower staff (bass clef) and I want them in the upper staff (treble clef) I'm not yet able to move or reassign those notes but I can erase them and write new ones into the upper staff by selecting that staff on the left (dark vertical bar) and then clicking in the note(s). Selecting the staff first puts the voice number in the insert bar on the upper left and allows the score editor to ignore the split point. -My written out piano parts are moving forward!! :mrgreen: Is there a way to select a note on a staff and then assign it to a different voice in order to move it to a different staff?
ScottMax

raino
Grand Senior Member

Post by raino » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:12 am

ScottMax wrote:Polyphonic staff is working for me, with 1 voice for each staff. If I have notes in the lower staff (bass clef) and I want them in the upper staff (treble clef) I'm not yet able to move or reassign those notes but I can erase them and write new ones into the upper staff by selecting that staff on the left (dark vertical bar) and then clicking in the note(s). Selecting the staff first puts the voice number in the insert bar on the upper left and allows the score editor to ignore the split point. -My written out piano parts are moving forward!! :mrgreen: Is there a way to select a note on a staff and then assign it to a different voice in order to move it to a different staff?
Just right click on the note and you have an option to move it to the other voice associated with the other staff.
rodger

Cubase Pro 10.0.30, Win10 Home, Halion6, BFD3, GPO, Komplete Ultimate 9, Waves Gold, Misc. other

i7 4771 Haswell Processor 3.5GHz, ADK LGA1150, 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX970, RME Fireface 400, 2x UAD-2

ScottMax

Post by ScottMax » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:55 am

Right click, yes! Thanks for that. I'm now rolling better than ever!
ScottMax

Return to “Older Cubase versions”