Cubasis Project Importer for Cubase

Post Reply
User avatar
crohde
Member
Posts: 764
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:03 am
Contact:

Cubasis Project Importer for Cubase

Post by crohde » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:53 am

Hello,

To open your Cubasis projects in Cubase you need to install the Cubasis project importer extension.
Follow this link to get the installation files:
http://www.steinberg.net/en/support/con ... basis.html
Best regards,

Carlos Rohde - Product Marketing Manager Cubase & Apps
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook

markisha2
New Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:18 pm
Contact:

Re: Cubasis Project Importer for Cubase

Post by markisha2 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:19 pm

Does the importer work with Nuendo 5 on OS X?

User avatar
crohde
Member
Posts: 764
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:03 am
Contact:

Re: Cubasis Project Importer for Cubase

Post by crohde » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:36 am

Hi Markisha2,

We don't officially support Nuendo at the moment.
Best regards,

Carlos Rohde - Product Marketing Manager Cubase & Apps
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook

markisha2
New Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:18 pm
Contact:

Re: Cubasis Project Importer for Cubase

Post by markisha2 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:10 am

What a shame.

User avatar
crohde
Member
Posts: 764
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:03 am
Contact:

Re: Cubasis Project Importer for Cubase

Post by crohde » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:42 pm

Hi Markisha2,

We just did some short tests and the Cubasis Project Importer does work in Nuendo 5.5. However, we don't officially support it yet.
Best regards,

Carlos Rohde - Product Marketing Manager Cubase & Apps
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook

citricacid
New Member
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:05 pm
Contact:

Re: Cubasis Project Importer for Cubase

Post by citricacid » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:08 pm

hello,

can i also create files on cubase and transfer them to the cubasis app? this makes sense, because i wan't to use the app for smal harware midi live gigs. so you can create some midifiles on cubase and use them on your ipad in a live situation.

User avatar
crohde
Member
Posts: 764
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:03 am
Contact:

Re: Cubasis Project Importer for Cubase

Post by crohde » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:16 am

Hi Citricacid,

Only as separate wave and midi files, not as a project file.
Best regards,

Carlos Rohde - Product Marketing Manager Cubase & Apps
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook

citricacid
New Member
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:05 pm
Contact:

Re: Cubasis Project Importer for Cubase

Post by citricacid » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:08 am

that fits exsactly my needs. standard midifile import .. cool i think i will by this app.

stmoeller60
New Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:26 pm
Contact:

Re: Cubasis Project Importer for Cubase

Post by stmoeller60 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:28 pm

I have Cubase 4 and Windows XP.
The importer installation broke up.
What can I do ?

bilekt3
Junior Member
Posts: 114
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:44 am
Contact:

Re: Cubasis Project Importer for Cubase

Post by bilekt3 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:42 pm

crohde wrote:Hi Markisha2,

We just did some short tests and the Cubasis Project Importer does work in Nuendo 5.5. However, we don't officially support it yet.
And it is support for your flagship aka Nuendo 6 on the list?

Thanks

Tomas
Tomas Bilek | Solution Architect, Functional Developer (Clojure, F#) | Prague, Czech Republic

MacBook Pro 15', Nuendo 7.X+NEK, Absolute Collection 2, Fab Filter Plugins, RND Portico Bundle, Softube Tube-Tech Classic Channel, 2CAudio Reverbs

mysondsollution
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Cubasis Project Importer for Cubase

Post by mysondsollution » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:05 pm

citricacid wrote:can i also create files on cubase and transfer them to the cubasis app?
Hey guys!
1. And how would this work? Copy the files from PC (Windows 7, Cubase Studio 5) to cubasis (ipad) via itunes? And does it also work with vst-instrument-tracks?

2. Does this also work the other way round? The idea would be to transfer cubase-tracks to cubasis, record additional audio-tracks, and transport these new wave-files back to cubase to integrate them in the original cubase-project (again: via itunes?).

To be able to transfer files between cubase studio 5 and cubasis would be crutial for me and therefore has a huge influence on the decision wether to buy cubasis or not.

So thanks for any helpful comments...
mss
Spice up your life...
... and may the force be with you!

User avatar
Frieder
Member
Posts: 274
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:56 am
Contact:

Re: Cubasis Project Importer for Cubase

Post by Frieder » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:02 pm

Hello,

you cannot copy complete Cubase projects to Cubasis at the moment.

However, you can copy MIDI-files and Audio files (.wav, .mp3, .m4a, .ogg) between Cubase and Cubasis as you wish using iTunes or the WiFi-Server. Since Cubasis does not support VST, I would recommend to export your VST-instrument track as a MIDI-track and choose a "best-match" instrument in Cubasis.

We released a Cubase plugin that facilitates the import of Cubasis files (http://www.steinberg.net/en/support/con ... basis.html). Unfortunately, it is not compatible with Cubase Studio 5.

If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Kind regards,
Frieder
mysondsollution wrote:
citricacid wrote:can i also create files on cubase and transfer them to the cubasis app?
Hey guys!
1. And how would this work? Copy the files from PC (Windows 7, Cubase Studio 5) to cubasis (ipad) via itunes? And does it also work with vst-instrument-tracks?

2. Does this also work the other way round? The idea would be to transfer cubase-tracks to cubasis, record additional audio-tracks, and transport these new wave-files back to cubase to integrate them in the original cubase-project (again: via itunes?).

To be able to transfer files between cubase studio 5 and cubasis would be crutial for me and therefore has a huge influence on the decision wether to buy cubasis or not.

So thanks for any helpful comments...
mss
Frieder Loch, Software Developer
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany

Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook!

User avatar
Frieder
Member
Posts: 274
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:56 am
Contact:

Re: Cubasis Project Importer for Cubase

Post by Frieder » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:11 pm

Hello,

I would expect that this is due to the fact that the Importer is neither compatible with Cubase 4 nor with Windows XP at the moment (see http://www.steinberg.net/en/support/con ... basis.html). Sorry.

Kind regards,
Frieder
stmoeller60 wrote:I have Cubase 4 and Windows XP.
The importer installation broke up.
What can I do ?
Frieder Loch, Software Developer
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany

Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook!

patdcp
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:47 pm
Contact:

Re: Cubasis Project Importer for Cubase

Post by patdcp » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:51 pm

Hi!
I succesfully installed the importer on my Macbook, i set up a WIFI for the Macbook and the IPAD, and i when i open IMPORT > Cubasis Project in Cubase 6.5, a browserwindow opens, where i have to choose my Cubasis Project from,which i wanna import in Cubasis.
My Problem is: Where (in which folder) do i find the Cubasis Project, cause the only place i see it is my Internet Browser. Is there a folder to choose from?!?

Thanx,Bye,Pat

User avatar
Frieder
Member
Posts: 274
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:56 am
Contact:

Re: Cubasis Project Importer for Cubase

Post by Frieder » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:36 pm

patdcp wrote:Hi!
I succesfully installed the importer on my Macbook, i set up a WIFI for the Macbook and the IPAD, and i when i open IMPORT > Cubasis Project in Cubase 6.5, a browserwindow opens, where i have to choose my Cubasis Project from,which i wanna import in Cubasis.
My Problem is: Where (in which folder) do i find the Cubasis Project, cause the only place i see it is my Internet Browser. Is there a folder to choose from?!?

Thanx,Bye,Pat
Hello Pat,

with the risk of asking something obvious: Have you already transferred your projects from your iPad to your computer? If no, you can do so via iTunes File Sharing or using the WiFi-Server. Both techniques are explained in the MediaBay section of the in-app help.

Kind regards,
Frieder
Frieder Loch, Software Developer
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany

Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook!

fusionsynth
New Member
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:22 pm
Contact:

Re: Cubasis Project Importer for Cubase

Post by fusionsynth » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:03 pm

The project importer installationfiles do not work in XP. Is there a workaround or will there be an XP-compatible version?

User avatar
HarrySound
Member
Posts: 258
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:17 pm
Contact:

Re: Cubasis Project Importer for Cubase

Post by HarrySound » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:34 pm

Frieder wrote:Hello,

you cannot copy complete Cubase projects to Cubasis at the moment.

However, you can copy MIDI-files and Audio files (.wav, .mp3, .m4a, .ogg) between Cubase and Cubasis as you wish using iTunes or the WiFi-Server. Since Cubasis does not support VST, I would recommend to export your VST-instrument track as a MIDI-track and choose a "best-match" instrument in Cubasis.

We released a Cubase plugin that facilitates the import of Cubasis files (http://www.steinberg.net/en/support/con ... basis.html). Unfortunately, it is not compatible with Cubase Studio 5.

If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Kind regards,
Frieder
mysondsollution wrote:
citricacid wrote:can i also create files on cubase and transfer them to the cubasis app?
Hey guys!
1. And how would this work? Copy the files from PC (Windows 7, Cubase Studio 5) to cubasis (ipad) via itunes? And does it also work with vst-instrument-tracks?

2. Does this also work the other way round? The idea would be to transfer cubase-tracks to cubasis, record additional audio-tracks, and transport these new wave-files back to cubase to integrate them in the original cubase-project (again: via itunes?).

To be able to transfer files between cubase studio 5 and cubasis would be crutial for me and therefore has a huge influence on the decision wether to buy cubasis or not.

So thanks for any helpful comments...
mss



Ah ha!
So it's a work around to get midi into Cubasis to sit and work on with the iPad.
IT would be really nice if you expanaded this feature to make it more streamlined and well....official, support project exporting in Cubase.
Obvioulsy any audio tracks with VSTs would either have to be omitted or mixed down to individual audio files but being able to work on drum fills, grooves and string sections while in bed could complete the Cubase package.

Colliander
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Cubasis Project Importer for Cubase

Post by Colliander » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:11 pm

Hi,

I've just started using Cubasis and the first impression is great. The only problem is that I can't get the projects I create to open i Cubase (7.0.2 or 6.5.4).

I've used dropbox to export the project but when I try to open i cubaseI get "Cannot read Cubasis project file. Reason: unknown format"

Any suggestions on what to do?

Thanks!

//Björn

ipadmusic.com
New Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:18 pm
Contact:

Re: Cubasis Project Importer for Cubase

Post by ipadmusic.com » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:30 pm

Colliander wrote:Hi,
"Cannot read Cubasis project file. Reason: unknown format"
//Björn
I'm experiencing same issue. Cubase Elements 7.0.4 with latest version of importer.
iPad Music Apps on ipadmusic.com

danan001
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:14 pm
Contact:

Re: Cubasis Project Importer for Cubase

Post by danan001 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:36 pm

I am having a problem also with importing from Cubasis. I have installed the Cubasis Project importer in my Cubase Elements 6 software, but no option to import cubasis files comes up under 'import'. I have installed the latest importer that is supposed to work with win 10 which I am using.

Any ideas, please?

Dan

Later post: Actually, it is OK now. For some reason, although I had clicked on the installer for the Project importer and it seemed to do something (which I took to be loading it) it actually had not done it. After several times of trying, finally it did properly install and there were quite a few dialogue boxes that came up indicating it was installing. Not sure why it took so many tries. Anyway it is now working fine. I post this in case others have the same problem.

Dan
Last edited by danan001 on Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
LSlowak
Steinberg Employee
Posts: 2831
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:36 pm
Contact:

Re: Cubasis Project Importer for Cubase

Post by LSlowak » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:56 pm

Hi danan001,

Cubasis project importer compatibility is given with Cubase Pro 8, Cubase Artist 8, Cubase Elements/LE/AI 8.
Although not being officially supported there is a small chance it might work with older Cubase versions also.

Here is a great Music App Blog tutorial that explains the workflow:
http://www.musicappblog.com/cubasis-workshop-2/

Please make sure to have the latest available Cubasis project importer version installed (http://www.steinberg.net/index.php?id=c ... es_cubasis) and give it a try.

Hope that helps.

Best,
Lars
Lars Slowak - Project Management & Team lead Cubasis
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook

Post Reply

Return to “Cubasis”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest