Combining Waves plugins folder in Cubase

For users of legacy Steinberg Cubase software
epwspower

Combining Waves plugins folder in Cubase

Post by epwspower » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:41 am

Waves annoys me because whenever I go into an insert and point to a category (like dynamics, delay, distortion, etc), all the related waves plugins show up ALONG with my cubase and whatever other 3rd party plugins I have.

This wouldn't normally bother me except for the fact that the large amount of waves plugins completely clutters the rest of my plugins.

Is there a way to go into the insert and have a category that's just "Waves" plugins so that they aren't spread all over the friggen place??

Thank you in advanced!

rickschweitzer

Re: Combining Waves plugins folder in Cubase

Post by rickschweitzer » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:38 am

Create a sub folder in the VST Plugins folder. For example:

1-UAD
2-WAVES
3-MODERN
4-SPECIAL EFFECTS

You could create categories instead such as VERB, COMP, DELAY, etc. In the case of UAD, I have 2 sub folders, Demo and Licensed.

In Cubase (I have Ver 5), in the preferences section un-select, "Sort VST plugins menu by vender."

You can also gather the VST plugins that Cubase includes and categorize them. I have not done that.

Once your folders are set, copy the VST plugins to those folders, set the folders main VST folder in Cubase.
Best Regards,

Rick S

blackwolf75

Post by blackwolf75 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:11 am

Hi,
I'd like to do the rickschweitzer's contrary...I want to place every plugin in the correct category:eq in te eq folder, compressors in the dynamic folder and so on...how can I do?
thanks

mkunstmann

Post by mkunstmann » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:29 pm

Which Cubase are you using?

Return to “Older Cubase versions”