Can't get C6 to open on W7 Pro PC laptop!

For users of legacy Steinberg Cubase software
beyersound

Can't get C6 to open on W7 Pro PC laptop!

Post by beyersound » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:17 am

I have upgraded from C5 on my laptop as well as my studio desktop/tower. The studio installation is fine, not so on the laptop. C6 opened up fine right after the installation, and opened a session as well. When opening it the next day, it stopped in the middle of initializing (at the VST2 load) repeatedly trying to load the Vst2 libraries. It displayed a "C runtime error" message at that time. It then had to be closed in task manager, with windows stating that "Elicenser doesn't have enough permissions to run properly", and "need to run LCC". I also tried opening Cubase 5 on the same laptop with the same Elicenser, and it opened and loaded a session just fine. Please help! Thanks.

Computer: Asus A52F i5 2.53ghz Windows 7 Pro/64bit 4ghz RAM Laptop

crohde

Re: Can't get C6 to open on W7 Pro PC laptop!

Post by crohde » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:32 am

Hello beyersound,

Please download and install the latest version of the eLCC at www.elicenser.net
If the problem persists please use the support request form inside your MySteinberg account to contact the official tech support.
Best regards,

Carlos Rohde - Product Marketing Manager Cubase & Apps
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:43 am

beyersound wrote:I have upgraded from C5 on my laptop as well as my studio desktop/tower. The studio installation is fine, not so on the laptop. C6 opened up fine right after the installation, and opened a session as well. When opening it the next day, it stopped in the middle of initializing (at the VST2 load) repeatedly trying to load the Vst2 libraries. It displayed a "C runtime error" message at that time. It then had to be closed in task manager, with windows stating that "Elicenser doesn't have enough permissions to run properly", and "need to run LCC". I also tried opening Cubase 5 on the same laptop with the same Elicenser, and it opened and loaded a session just fine. Please help! Thanks.

Computer: Asus A52F i5 2.53ghz Windows 7 Pro/64bit 4ghz RAM Laptop
you could try reinstalling the latest net framework as well ,with out that it will not run the elicencer properly !

john

beyersound

Post by beyersound » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:40 am

Thanks guys! I finally got the new eLicenser version (I hate having to "run as administrator" in W7!), will try the net framework reinstall. How about a reinstall of C++ runtime, could that help?

Return to “Older Cubase versions”