We are happy to announce the availability of the Cubase 7.0.3 and Cubase Artist 7.0.3 maintenance update! Both Updates are a free download, went through our full QA cycle and are fully supported.
What is new?
- • The Functions menu in the MixConsole now offers an entry to toggle "Constrain Delay Compensation" on/off
• The Channel Configuration in the Channel Edit window is now readable in the window title bar.
• Channels locked to the left or right zone are now separated with a small gap between the un-locked channels.
• The scrolling behavior for multiple linked MixConsoles has been improved.
• It is now possible again to set "Sync Selection in Project Window and MIxConsole" in the Preferences under Project & MixConsole.
• For each MixConsole window it is now possible to toggle "Scroll to selected Channel" individually from the Functions menu.
• The visual indication of "Bypass" and "Disabled" has been improved for Channel Strip modules and the Equalizer.
• The visual indication of "PRE" or "POST" of MixConsole Sends has been improved.
• Underneath the name label of each channel the channel width will be displayed (if MixConsole contains channels with different channel widths).
• Control Room no longer modifies output level.
- Entries clicked in the left field of the Steinberg Hub will be opened with the default browser as currently specified on the user's system.
- When selecting a symbol in the symbol inspector the layer is automatically changed to an appropriate layer and the user is informed about this.
- The "Update Plug-in Information" function can be cancelled now.
- It is now possible to define default colors for various track types in the Preferences (Appearance: Colors).
- In the Save Preset window the last used location to save a preset is now remembered.
- • The EuCon Adapter has been updated to version 184.108.40.206.
• On EuCon the MixConsole Racks now open automatically when corresponding sections are chosen on the surface.
• On EuCon the Lo / Hi Cut filters of MixConsole are accessible via the "INPUT" knobset.
• On EuCon the Channel EQ of MixConsole and its parameters are now accessible via the Channel Strip modules / knobset.
• On EuCon all relevant Appsets have been updated to enable the operation of Mixer Agents.
- The VST Connect SE documentation has been overhauled, updated and localized into six languages.
- • Audio Statistic and Spectrum windows now work properly in always-on-top mode.
• The metronome click no longer goes out of sync when changing the tempo on the fly in cycle mode.
• Entering text into Notepad now works as expected.
• Using the “Divide track list” function no longer renders the application unreliable.
• Track Coloring scheme now works as expected when the track gets created automatically for example by dragging audio onto it.
• Auto Track Coloring now works properly when adding a track.
• Backup project now also works properly when the Project has missing files.
- • Enabling Constrain Delay Compensation no longer bypasses every insert effect after saving/reloading the Project.
• If ASIO-Guard is enabled, inserting a plug-in no longer leads to out of sync audio playback.
• Application now accepts AIFF files larger than 2 GB.
• The drawn waveform in the Sample Editor is no longer out of sync with the audio sample data.
• The Elastique Algorithm setting is now saved and restored properly with the Project.
• Freezing a track, which contains audio events in MXF or FLAC formats, no longer leads to disk overloads.
• Dissolve parts-function now works correctly on audio parts even if the part contains a crossfade that is outside the part.
• Project audio files are now opened correctly even if the original file path has changed, e.g. when opened on a different computer. Backing up the project now also works correctly.
• When tagging WAV files in the MediaBay all chunks are written correctly to the WAV file now.
- • Solo in Key Editor now works properly when “Follow Chord Track” is enabled for the track.
• Editing in the Key Editors controller lane with the pencil tool now works as expected.
• When changing note-velocity or pitch in the Key Editor’s infoline, the acoustic feedback now works properly.
• Switching between parts in the Key Editor no longer leads to any graphical refresh issues in the controller lanes.
• Several issues with the MIDI Device Setup have been resolved.
• The delete doubles command no longer fails under specific circumstances.
• Adding a position line to Logical Editor no longer renders the application unresponsive.
- • Opening a MIDI Part in the Score Editor no longer potentially renders the application unresponsive.
• Removing pre-populated buttons in the Favorites Tab of the Score Editor no longer renders the application unreliable.
• The signature display in Score Editor is now always in sync with the signature and tempo track and updates properly.
• Importing block text from an RTF file is now working correctly.
• Moving a Rehearsal symbol with the mouse is now visualized in real time.
• Inserting Lyrics into the Score Editor no longer renders the application unresponsive.
- • Scrolling in MixConsole via Cursor Keys no longer leads to redraw issues.
• The Master Output channel will no longer disappear under certain circumstances.
• MixConsole no longer opens with erratic size ranges.
• MixConsole now restores the channel width correctly at all times.
• The minimum zoom level of MixConsole no longer increases width instead of decreasing.
• The size of the Channel Settings windows is now saved properly with the Project.
• When using User Panels, the value cell in horizontal faders are no longer invisible.
• The size of the rack view no longer increases each time MixConsole is closed and reopened.
• The name of tracks and plug-ins are no longer hard truncated but sensibly shortened.
• When MixConsole is in full-screen mode and always-on-top is enabled, the fader section no longer resizes incorrectly.
• MixConsole no longer shows various redraw issues.
• Changing the high shelf band to parametric filter no longer shows a Q of 0.0 when 1.0 is set.
• The controls of the channel strip modules now correctly change values counterclockwise when using circular movement.
• Setting the MIDI channel for quick-linked channels now works correctly.
• When loading VMX channel state files, the Volume level is read correctly now.
• Switching workspaces no longer deselects the current channel.
• When loading a project the bypass states of inserted plug-ins are properly restored now.
• Using a key command for "Move to pre-fader" option of the sends in MixConsole now works correctly.
• Saving a VSTi output channel as a Track Preset and then adding a new audio track from this Preset no longer leads to unexpected results.
• Scroll to selected channel now works properly when the mixer window is closed.
• Saving a second MixConsole configuration and switching back to first configuration while Set up Window Layout is opened no longer renders the application unreliable.
• Fine adjusting the panner movement by pressing Shift now works correctly.
• The on/off button in the Pre section now works correctly.
- • VST 3 plug-in parameter automation data is no longer reversed for specific plug-ins.
• The gain setting of external effects now follows +12 dB fader setting properly.
• An open REVerence plug-in window no longer renders the application unreliable.
• The Pre / Post FX menu in VST Amp Rack now works properly.
• Available plug-in presets are no longer missing for certain plug-ins (such as Compressor).
• Selecting Presets for the MIDI Insert Quantize plug-in now works as expected.
• The Chorder MIDI plug-in no longer transposes chords one octave down by accident.
• The External FX plug-in now measures the I/O latency correctly.
• The External FX connections are no longer lost when an output preset is selected in VST Connections.
• The MonoToStereo plug-in no longer plays a small audio snippet from the start of the waveform regardless of the song position.
• Inserting the VST Connect SE Cue Mix plug-in into Control Room Cue 1-4 no longer leads to an unresponsive state when closing the application.
• Saving and restoring a GEQ-10 and GEQ-30 Preset that uses a different EQ-type other than True Response now works properly.
- • VIDEO: Video Offset now works reliable. Please check the Video Offset (ms) value in Device Setup "Video Player" for Projects created in previously versions.
• TRANSPORT: The "BAR" digit is no longer truncated for pre and post-roll when operating system is set to Japanese language.
• REMOTE: Remote Controls no longer show channels which are hidden in MixConsole.
• HARDWARE: UR & MR Series: When saving a REV-X / Channel Strip Preset, it will now show up properly in MediaBay.
A detailed Version history, the 7.0.3 Updaters and VST Connect Performer SE 1.3 are available here::
Cubase 7 downloads
Cubase Artist 7 downloads
Thanks for choosing Cubase!
Product Marketing Manager Cubase
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH