JohnOnKeyz wrote:
Split wrote:
Guest wrote:And the update is here!

Steinberg = Legends

Cheerio bro's & god bless

P.S. Thanks again John
Oh dear first Brains then brains... he's done it again, amusing
:lol: :lol:
Well at least he got his update before being Guested.
You know, thats actually a rather strange message from the brain, I'm left wondering if he jumped or was he pushed?
??????Split
Cubase 10|MOTU 16A
Still at it... just!

JohnOnKeyz

Re: Cubase 5.5.3 pre-announcement

Post by JohnOnKeyz »

Split wrote:You know, thats actually a rather strange message from the brain, I'm left wondering if he jumped or was he pushed?
I have to admit, I did have rather a strange and passing thought towards the end here. He had mentioned something about being a psychotherapist (or something or other). My thought was that he was doing something of an experiment on us, seeing how we all respond with our differing personalities and how he could shift our mood by what he said.

If nothing else, it really would be a good testing ground for those in the business, as musicians are usually all over the place when it comes to emotions.

I do think that he was definitely interested in music himself though... based upon his own questions about the software.

[ugh... We're doing this in the update announcements.... I'm stopping now]
John
(Maryland, USA)
~~~ the Aftereffekt ~~~ - - - - - | | | - - - - - ~~~ Slyd Studios ~~~

Split
Grand Senior Member

Post by Split »

Hmm...

Well at least the software, I'm now thinking we could of all been lab mice :lol:

I kind of liked him/her/it took a while but once you got it, brains was actually really funny :?

Edit Oops so we are (Sorry updaters) :oops:
??????Split
Cubase 10|MOTU 16A
Still at it... just!

novaburst

Post by novaburst »

Guest wrote:
S4410 wrote:
Brains wrote:Is the update also available for Studio and Essential?
Yes i would be interested for Studio 5 too..

Nevertheless it's a welcomed surprise!!!
:D
Yes considering those products are now at the end of their lifespan it would be great to have further compatibility during the ultimate (and inevitable) transition to C6

lol i think C6 is proberly the best out there, but 5 is no where near the end of its life, i am still using 5.1 and it is simply rocking, apart from some times not closing down when i save and quit and i believe the 1.5 halion sonic new update is playing its part in that but it dosent happen often and i can live with it but cubase 5 is rocking and delivering some Beautiful tracks with crystal clear audio and mixdown deep warm and wet.

and handling some reckless mixing it is just simply sitting nice on my system and is a delight to work with,
with C6 steinberg are pushing the musical boundry and is getting top marks in music mags and software mags,

but C5 got top marks too in the same mags infact there was even a mag that gave C5 1 more mark than C6

5 is not done by a long shot.....

novaburst
Windows 7 cubase 5 , Halion 4, and some other stuff

chrisyking

Post by chrisyking »

Why you using 5.1 just out of interest?

PS. What happened to brains? That guesting thing is like being sent to Coventry is it? Sounds nasty. Does it sting?

novaburst

Post by novaburst »

chrisyking wrote:Why you using 5.1 just out of interest?

PS. What happened to brains? That guesting thing is like being sent to Coventry is it? Sounds nasty. Does it sting?

Hi chrisyking

5.1 is getting the job done with all effects, recording, mixdown, edit and audio, apart from a few niggles when it want close or stops responding when save and quit Cubase 5.1.1 is a dream.

I have used cubase 5.5.2 but in the middle of a project it would just stop responding and shut down its not happy on my system so i run back to 5.1

novaburst
Windows 7 cubase 5 , Halion 4, and some other stuff

TrevorG

Post by TrevorG »

Totally agree. In fact I've been concentrating on music, rather than I.T. in a music studio, since C4. Just moved up to 5.5.3 and still in heaven. I will move up to C6 but not because I need it - it's just retiring more and more of my 3rd party plug-ins. What next - linear phase EQs( a large library of drum loops would be nice)? No, I just love the idea of having something better than Logic. :mrgreen:
Intel Core I7 950@ 2.67GHz, 3GB Ultra Fast DDR3 1333MHz RAM, Asus P6T, Konnekt 24D, Cubase 6.5.3, Cubase 5.5.4, Win XP(32bit), Midex 8, Zebra 2, Reaktor, Motu Ethno Instrument 2, Halion Orchestra, Stylus RMX, BFD 2, Groove Agent, Synthmaster, EZDrummer, Voxengo, Quantum FX, Roland SBD-6, Evolution UC-33, Korg M1, Zebra, Guru, Geist CM, Rodes and Neumann, T.C Electronic M1, T.C. Finalizer, Ivory Series Compressor, Roland Super JV1080, SPL Vitalizer, Hagstrom Viking Baritone semi-acoustic,Spector XL5(U.S.), Washburn fretless acoustic 5, Overwater fretless, Parker Fly. Dynaudio BM6s. Saphire 4550 Dual head graphic card, 2X ViewSonic Monitors

honkytonkey

Post by honkytonkey »

gallenulenoir wrote:Agree - great news - any indication if the "VST Bridge improvements" specifically includes a fix for the current problem with BFD2 (ie - C5 crashes on close for any project using BFD2) ??

I understand the same issue exists in C6.

Thanks in advance ;-)
No, the same problem still exists. I am also using BFD2 and Cubase hangs (not: crashes) every time:
a) I close Cubase while having a song open which uses BFD2
b) Activate a different song already loaded while having a song activated which uses BFD2

The only way out is via killing Cubase via the task manager.

It seems the same problem still exists with C6 - in the C6 forum I found the workaround to rename the "videoengine.dll" - I tried that with the result that C5.5.3 does not hang anymore when changing between Songs 8-) and also does not hang when closing Cubase; now, it really crashes, but only when closing Cubase :roll: - the good thing is that it is not necessary to open the task manager all the time...
Very annoying :evil:
ASUS P6T Deluxe, Core i7 920 2.66 GHz, 6GB DDR3 RAM PC1333, ASUS EN GT440, Intel SSD 240GB, 2 * 750GB HD, Win7 Prof. 64bit, Cubase 5.5.3 64bit, BFD2 64bit

Return to “Older Cubase versions”