PC without internet connection

For users of legacy Steinberg Cubase software
Post Reply
User avatar
Vangelis
New Member
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:29 am
Contact:

PC without internet connection

Post by Vangelis » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:05 pm

How can I install Cubase 7???

thinkingcap
Grand Senior Member
Posts: 6459
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:27 pm

Re: PC without internet connection

Post by thinkingcap » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:24 pm

Vangelis wrote:How can I install Cubase 7???
The same way everyone else does it: You run the installer...
Cubase 5.1.1 (32bit) | Win 7 Pro x64 SP1 | RME Fireface UFX | RME Fireface 800 | Cubase Essential 5 | Win 7 Home Premium x64
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just took off my thinkingcap, it got filled up with too much crap...

User avatar
Vangelis
New Member
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:29 am
Contact:

Re: PC without internet connection

Post by Vangelis » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:52 pm

Ok... I normally active my e-licenser by another pc connected on internet....
But now I read that internet connction and 500 Mb disc space is required for complete installation....

:roll:

User avatar
Mrhehon
Member
Posts: 334
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:02 am
Location: Valencia Spain.
Contact:

Re: PC without internet connection

Post by Mrhehon » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:09 pm

My studio computer is not connected to the internet but has C7 installed and working fine.
Windows 10 pro
Cubase Pro 10
PC i7 920@2.67 GHz (10 years old but still doing it for me) 16GB ram
2xMR816 CSX FireWire Audio Interfaces
CC121 controller
Nektar P6

User avatar
Vangelis
New Member
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:29 am
Contact:

Re: PC without internet connection

Post by Vangelis » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:30 pm

Mrhehon wrote:My studio computer is not connected to the internet but has C7 installed and working fine.
Do you install from Dvd or from 7.0.2 ? http://www.steinberg.net/en/support/dow ... ase_7.html

User avatar
Mrhehon
Member
Posts: 334
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:02 am
Location: Valencia Spain.
Contact:

Re: PC without internet connection

Post by Mrhehon » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:49 pm

I downloaded the install Cubase 7 and all the updates since on an internet connected computer. I used an usb pen drive and moved the install files to my studio computer.
I also used the internet connected computer to update my e license on my dongle.
It was all very easy.
Windows 10 pro
Cubase Pro 10
PC i7 920@2.67 GHz (10 years old but still doing it for me) 16GB ram
2xMR816 CSX FireWire Audio Interfaces
CC121 controller
Nektar P6

User avatar
Vangelis
New Member
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:29 am
Contact:

Re: PC without internet connection

Post by Vangelis » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:06 pm

Ok thanks!

User avatar
papi61
Member
Posts: 520
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:56 pm

Re: PC without internet connection

Post by papi61 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:40 am

I understand the fear of malware coming through the internet, but if your computer has an internet connection, good AV protection and you don't use it for browsing the net, you'll be fine. Never had a single piece of malware/spyware since I switched from mac in 2008.
Desktop: i7 3770k, 32 GB RAM, nVidia GTX770 + GT640-DCSL fanless, 3 monitors (30" 2560x1600 + 2x 27" 1920x1080), 256 GB SSD (OS), 2 TB SATA III (audio), 3 TB SATA III (sample libraries), 3x 3 TB USB 3.0 (backup/archives), RME UFX, Win 8.1 Pro x64, Cubase 7.5, Sonar X3, Vienna Ensemble Pro 5.

Slaves: 2x i7 2700k, 16 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD, 3 TB SATA III, Win 8.1 Pro x64, Vienna Ensemble Pro 5.

Laptop: 17" HP EliteBook 8770w (i7 3820QM 2.7 Ghz/3.7 Ghz max OC, 16 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD, 1 TB SATA III), RME Babyface, Win 7 Pro x64, Vienna Ensemble Pro 5, Cubase 7.5, Sonar X3.

killawattz
Junior Member
Posts: 101
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:28 pm
Contact:

Re: PC without internet connection

Post by killawattz » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:01 pm

papi61 wrote:I understand the fear of malware coming through the internet, but if your computer has an internet connection, good AV protection and you don't use it for browsing the net, you'll be fine. Never had a single piece of malware/spyware since I switched from mac in 2008.
I'm sure there are still many users like myself who want a lean, solid PC for music and a separate, internet-connected PC for everything else.
Who wants even the slightest risk of malware?
Who wants A/V or firewall trying to update, or doing anything at all, during that crucial take?
I dont want to run a lengthy network cable to my studio nor buy a wi-fi dongle.

You know I've even started seeing some Mac software which only runs when it detects an internet connection! That sucks!

User avatar
Mrhehon
Member
Posts: 334
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:02 am
Location: Valencia Spain.
Contact:

Re: PC without internet connection

Post by Mrhehon » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:08 pm

killawattz wrote:
I'm sure there are still many users like myself who want a lean, solid PC for music and a separate, internet-connected PC for everything else.
Who wants even the slightest risk of malware?
Who wants A/V or firewall trying to update, or doing anything at all, during that crucial take?
I dont want to run a lengthy network cable to my studio nor buy a wi-fi dongle.

You know I've even started seeing some Mac software which only runs when it detects an internet connection! That sucks!
Yes exactly. My music computer is my music computer.
Windows 10 pro
Cubase Pro 10
PC i7 920@2.67 GHz (10 years old but still doing it for me) 16GB ram
2xMR816 CSX FireWire Audio Interfaces
CC121 controller
Nektar P6

Mr M
Member
Posts: 659
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:07 pm

Re: PC without internet connection

Post by Mr M » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:40 pm

Mrhehon wrote:
killawattz wrote:
I'm sure there are still many users like myself who want a lean, solid PC for music and a separate, internet-connected PC for everything else.
Who wants even the slightest risk of malware?
Who wants A/V or firewall trying to update, or doing anything at all, during that crucial take?
I dont want to run a lengthy network cable to my studio nor buy a wi-fi dongle.

You know I've even started seeing some Mac software which only runs when it detects an internet connection! That sucks!
Yes exactly. My music computer is my music computer.
I used to feel the same way until another user convinced me to try putting my studio PC online. It's 1000% better . I still have a separate PC for Internet activity. Nothing is trying to update and all that, I know how to set up programs and stay away from dubious sites, just music sites get visited
i7-3930k @3.20Ghz 16gb Win7 64x Cubase 7 Komplete8 Maschine Axon50 and 11 hardware synths

User avatar
Freddie H
Member
Posts: 510
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:59 am

Re: PC without internet connection

Post by Freddie H » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:31 pm

Mrhehon wrote:
killawattz wrote:
I'm sure there are still many users like myself who want a lean, solid PC for music and a separate, internet-connected PC for everything else.
Who wants even the slightest risk of malware?
Who wants A/V or firewall trying to update, or doing anything at all, during that crucial take?
I dont want to run a lengthy network cable to my studio nor buy a wi-fi dongle.

You know I've even started seeing some Mac software which only runs when it detects an internet connection! That sucks!
Yes exactly. My music computer is my music computer.

You don't need to fear the Internet if you just have the right knowledge and good judgments.
By the way you still need to update your system thru Microsoft service-update to have a nice and smooth system so you will need Internet at some point.

You can disable the "Local Area Connections" very simple thru just a mouse click in the computer. Then you only being online for updates and activations when you want. Its the same as you physical remove the cable.
If you not engage in porn surfing and that kind of activity its pretty safe even with out any virus program. ;)


A great virus program without any bad impact of the computer working with music programs are Microsoft Security Essential.

Microsoft Security Essential are 100% free too and very strong protections.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... s-download




IF I were a MAC user I would be more concern and worried about security risk. Because of very little virus on OSX --->because of small global market share on only 5% on desktop, they users living in "dream world" that their computer are all safe.
Its just the opposite. In fact its open like a book and very easy to hack and take over and steal files. Same with IPhone.
You only need the IP address or more less the phone number of Iphone and you are "in-hacked", no protections at all.
You can then take, listen, steal files, photos what ever from the Apple device.

PC has much stronger protections because of the long going security problems like virus and Trojans that made the overall OS much stronger and safer thru the years.



Best Regards
Freddie
-Highly developed spirits often encounter resistance from mediocre minds. -It really matters!

User avatar
artguy
Member
Posts: 213
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:27 am
Contact:

Re: PC without internet connection

Post by artguy » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:44 am

Freddie H wrote:By the way you still need to update your system thru Microsoft service-update to have a nice and smooth system so you will need Internet at some point.
What you can do is from a fresh Windows 7 installation, copy the KB number from the Windows Update control panel app and then search for and download the .msu and .exe files manually, while specifying your OS and/or bit flavor.

You can put them onto a USB stick or CD/DVD for later use on another system after installing them locally.

Note: Windows Update insofar as the local system is concerned, will update the machine when you shut down (if you don't want to reboot after each single update).
PC has much stronger protections because of the long going security problems like virus and Trojans that made the overall OS much stronger and safer thru the years.
Those hackers trying to change the world!

Post Reply

Return to “Older Cubase versions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests