Floating On The Ocean Of Impermanence

General discussions on songwriting, mixing, music business and other music related topics.
Zerik

Floating On The Ocean Of Impermanence

Post by Zerik » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:10 pm

I have been composing instrumental music for a few years now, but it's hard to get real honest feedback on my tracks.
So I thought I would share my latest composition with you and see what you think!

https://soundcloud.com/erik-zilliacus/f ... e-ocean-of

My mixing and mastering skills are not great, just basic so feel free to comment on that but also on what you think of the track as a whole and my style.

Thanks!!

Andresgp

Re: Floating On The Ocean Of Impermanence

Post by Andresgp » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:53 am

This is very cool man. You have really good musical ideas and your tracks tell a story, which is what it should really be about. I really liked your arrangement, very good transitions that made sense and complemented each other nicely. It took me for a ride :D

I could see your music accompanying some sort of video.

The mix is not bad either. I'd say you are in the right track my friend. You are doing the right thing by deciding to share your music to new people, I think many would like it.
Masseve Music

ferencz

Post by ferencz » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:55 am

nice work!...love the transitions....shows creativity!

frank
HP I7/3.4g/16g ram/Emu 1212m/Novation Zero SL MKII/Halion 6/Halion/ Sonic/Padshop Pro/Wavelab 4/Cubase9.5

Suprawill1

Post by Suprawill1 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:04 am

Very cool! Enough going on there where one couldn't easliy anticipate it's direction. A lot of atmospheric depth and shows musical intelligence. I could hear a few layers of moods rolling in sync.
By the time I got to the middle of this song, I could definitely see the credits rolling for the end of a high drama action movie. Mix was very good. I like it a lot. :) Keep up the good work!
Home built Cooler Master tower - ASUS Prime Z270 MB - Intel Core i7 6700K@4.2G - CM Hyper 212 EVO Cooler - Corsair CX750M PSU - 32G G.Skill Ripjaw V - Dual 24" Monitors - Cubase Pro 10 - Windows 7 Pro 64 - Samsung 960 EVO NVMe - Samsung 850 EVO SSD - Roland Studio Capture Interface - X Touch Controller - Halion 5 - Halion Sonic 2 - Addictive Drums 1&2 - Melodyne 4 - Serato - Kore - Kontact - Morphology Etc Etc

shadowfax

Post by shadowfax » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:50 am

very eclectic piece of music, you've kept it interesting throughout, couldn't pick up any obvious mixing probs, sounded good here, well done...Kevin
https://soundcloud.com/knmac ... Cubase 10..Windows 10..Intel Core i9 9900K Coffee Lake Refresh 3.6GHz Eight Core 1151 Socket Overclockable Processor, WD Black WDS250G3X0C SN750 - 250GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD, ASRock AMD Radeon RX580 8GB OC Phantom Gaming D Dual Fan Graphics Card,
Gigabyte Z390 GAMING X Intel Socket 1151 ATX HDMI DDR4 USB C 3.1 M.2 Motherboard, 32GB ram, 2x Team GX2 1TB SATA III SSD. Yamaha N8.

Zerik

Post by Zerik » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:35 pm

Thank you for the awesome feedback and comments, really appreciate it!

Return to “Steinberg Lounge”