recording issues

This section is about Steinberg's USB audio interfaces CI1, CI2 and CI2+
sylverspice

recording issues

Post by sylverspice » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:04 pm

Hi to all,

greetings from Canada. Last Holidays, I got myself this great CI 1 USB Audio Interface. I put it on my PC and works great.

Now, I put it on my laptop and when I try to record, the sound goes on and off and when I don't record, I can hear the sound.

Anyone can help?

Thanks! ;)

Fhouse

Re: recording issues

Post by Fhouse » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:39 am

Me too I have the same issue. When I record, the sound goes off while im singing and the part where I sing when this occurs, is not recorded. That was for the very reaosn why the salesman told me to get this sound card and a real mic instead of a usb microphone and now I'm waisting valuable time on a forum.

DaveAbbott

Post by DaveAbbott » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:29 am

Hi All

I have come across this problem I "think" it is to do with the power being supplied by the USB bus, ie it's not quite enough on the laptop, that is why it works on a desktop which doesn't have the same power issues. It might be worth trying a powered hub, I know it is recommended NOT to do this for audio interfaces but it might sort the problem out.

Best Regards

Dave
Dave Abbott
Entertainer | Musician | Producer
cricket@iafrica.com

Computer i7 3 Ghz CPU, Intel Mobo, DX58SO, 12Gig DDR1600 RAM, System Drive 64 Gig SSD + 480 Gig SSD sample drive + 3 x 1TB recording and sample drives.
Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit, Cubase 10 Pro, Wavelab 9.5, NI Komplete Ultimate, UAD, Waves, and various other plugs
Interface: Steinberg UR824 with Focusrite ISA One, Focusrite Octopre, Cubase Elements 8.5 with Focusrite 18i8 on spare machine. Cubase Elements 9.5 with Focusrite 18i8 on Stage Laptop (Dell 6430 i7 with 8gig RAM)
Korg Taktile 49 Controller Steinberg CC121 Controller

Rule 1: Have Fun! Rule 2: It's Not Serious! Rule 3: When in doubt refer to Rule 1!!

sylverspice

Post by sylverspice » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:49 am

Thanks Dave! ;)

Jim B

Post by Jim B » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:25 pm

Hi all,

I'm running a CI1 for all my recordings and I only use a laptop (see spec in my sig), and I have never had this happen to me!!

What are your system specs? What DAW's are you using?

Jim B
Musician, songwriter, singer, guitarist, band member.
System: HP Ali-in-One 24-f0xx, Intel i3-813OU CPU @2.20GHz 2.21 GHz, Windows 10 64bit.
DAW: Cubase Pro 10.30, Focusrite 2nd gen 1818i interface, Padshop Pro, Halion Sonic 3, VST Connect Pro, PreSonus e 4.5 monitors, AKG K240 cans.
Instruments: M Audio KeyRig 49, Sigma OMT-1STE+ acoustic guitar , Washburn D20n acoustic guitar, Weissenborn lap slide acoustic guitar, Epiphone resonator acoustic guitar, Fender Deluxe Roadhouse stratocaster

Our band singles recorded using Cubase & VST Connect: https://soundcloud.com/stanhope-road

Return to “Steinberg CI Series”