Wavelab Markers

All topics on WaveLab 7 and WaveLab Elements 7
DJ Synchro

Wavelab Markers

Post by DJ Synchro »

Hi guys,

3 questions:

How are the Wavelab markers stored? I know Wavelab creates the .mrk file along with the audio file but does it also store the markers in the audio file itself?

Is it possible to convert the .mrk file to a .cue file as well?

If I supply my marked audio file to a mastering studio or a cd burning company, can they use the markers to cue the file for mastering and cd burning?

Thanks! :)
Software: Steinberg Cubase Pro 10.5, HALion Player, HALion Sonic 2, Padshop Pro, various Instrument Sets, Wavelab Elements 9, various 3rd party VST & VSTi's
Gear: Steinberg AXR4U, ART Pro VLAII Tube Compressor, Klark Teknik 1176 KT, Steinberg Houston
Computer: Windows 10 Pro x64, 16GB RAM, 3 SSD's RAID0, nVidia Graphics, Triple Monitor setup.

PG

Re: Wavelab Markers

Post by PG »

>does it also store the markers in the audio file itself?

Yes. It's an option, but On by default.
Note that for importing markers in a file not written by WaveLab (ie. no .mrk file), 7.1 will have improved compatibility.

>is it possible to convert the .mrk file to a .cue file as well?

WaveLab writes both wave and cur in the same time (Montage Render dialog). There is tool to convert a mrk file to a cue file. This is not exactly the same thing.

>If I supply my marked audio file to a mastering studio or a cd burning company,
> can they use the markers to cue the file for mastering and cd burning.

Why don't you simply produce a DDP file? That's a standard.
Else, create a .cue file from WaveLab.

Philippe
Philippe

DJ Synchro

Post by DJ Synchro »

PG wrote:>does it also store the markers in the audio file itself?

Yes. It's an option, but On by default.
Note that for importing markers in a file not written by WaveLab (ie. no .mrk file), 7.1 will have improved compatibility.

>is it possible to convert the .mrk file to a .cue file as well?

WaveLab writes both wave and cur in the same time (Montage Render dialog). There is tool to convert a mrk file to a cue file. This is not exactly the same thing.

>If I supply my marked audio file to a mastering studio or a cd burning company,
> can they use the markers to cue the file for mastering and cd burning.

Why don't you simply produce a DDP file? That's a standard.
Else, create a .cue file from WaveLab.

Philippe
Thank you Philippe,

Unfortunately Wavelab Elements 7 doesn't have DDP support :(
And how do I create a .cue file in Wavelab? I couldn't find it...
Software: Steinberg Cubase Pro 10.5, HALion Player, HALion Sonic 2, Padshop Pro, various Instrument Sets, Wavelab Elements 9, various 3rd party VST & VSTi's
Gear: Steinberg AXR4U, ART Pro VLAII Tube Compressor, Klark Teknik 1176 KT, Steinberg Houston
Computer: Windows 10 Pro x64, 16GB RAM, 3 SSD's RAID0, nVidia Graphics, Triple Monitor setup.

PG

Post by PG »

I did not see you had WaveLab Elements. .cue and DDP are features of WaveLab only.
Philippe

DJ Synchro

Post by DJ Synchro »

Hi Philippe,

Can you tell me which tool can convert .mrk to a .cue or DDP file please? I really need to provide the files asap to the CD Burning company! :)

PG

Post by PG »

There is not such a tool. Why not sending a burnt CD, simply?
Philippe

DJ Synchro

Post by DJ Synchro »

PG wrote:There is not such a tool. Why not sending a burnt CD, simply?
That is what I did in the end, but it would be nice to send a professional file thru FTP next time. Saves time as well!

PG

Post by PG »

To send a professional file... use the professional version of WaveLab...
Philippe

Return to “WaveLab 7 | WaveLab Elements 7”