Halion Sonic - Sound just stops

All topics on HALion 4, HALion 5 and Steinberg's VST workstations HALion Sonic 1 and HALion Sonic 2
rollasoc

Halion Sonic - Sound just stops

Post by rollasoc »

Running Halion Sonic 2 in Cubase 7.5

Boot HS up, change a patch. Play my keyboard. Sounds come out.

Play for a bit, (sometimes a minute, sometimes 20) the sound just stops. I can see it accepting midi messages, I just don't get any sound.

remove HS from the rack and re add it, reassign the patch (again) I get sound again for a little while.

It is driving me mad, to the extent I've given up using Halion Sonic for the moment.

Any ideas if this is a known bug? Any ideas on how to stop this happening?
www.hairthieves.com for the band stuff (indie pop rock soundtracks)
sineglidermusic.bandcamp.com/ for the instrumental stuff

gerainthughes1953

Re: Halion Sonic - Sound just stops

Post by gerainthughes1953 »

Hi,
Same problem. channels 4 and 5 set to gtr sounds just ceased to work for me, but as you say Halion registering the midi in, but not outputting any sound. I was running quite a few instruments and thought it might be a polyphony issue, so I reduced polyphony on all instruments to no avail. I set up the sounds again on channels 11 and 12, they worked for a short time and then went dead. Have you had any luck resolving this since you posted the issue.
Cheers
Geraint

JNHCKLY

Re: Halion Sonic - Sound just stops

Post by JNHCKLY »

Digging up an old thread but this happened to me in C8 with HS2 when i was playing live the other day. I had to reload the project to make it work again.
I'm looking into it so if i get an solution i will let you know.
My thoughts are some sort of midi buffer fills up inside the vst.
Retina MacBook Pro 2.7ghz, 16gb Ram, Nvidia GT650m - Mavericks 10.9.5. Cubase 8, RME Fireface 800

Return to “Halion 5 | Halion 4 | Halion Sonic | Halion Sonic 2”