Cubase 7.5.2 and Kontakt 5 not playing nice

For users of legacy Steinberg Cubase software
PW Farrell

Cubase 7.5.2 and Kontakt 5 not playing nice

Post by PW Farrell » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:50 am

Hey peeps.

So I just installed Komplete 9 and am having an issue with Kontakt 5 in Cubase 7 (also have contacted NI support).

When I add additional channels in Kontakt they are not appearing where they should even after restart. They are supposed to appear in the VST output menu in devices/vst instruments next to Kontakt.

Additional piece of info..... I installed and uninstalled a 3rd party rewire patch. I'm worried I (yup I'm more musician than computer scientist) I removed an essential rewire.dll file in the process..... Is this file used for internal vst function as well as the standard rewire function? Where is rewire.dll supposed to be located and how do I replace it if it's not there?

There are work arounds on the Kontakt drama (like using AUX sends or routing to multi mono channels) but all are un-ideal for such an expensive piece of kit.

Set up is:

Windows 7 64-bit
Intel Core i7 2.67 Ghz
6Gig RAM
Cubase 7.5.2
RME Fireface UC

Thanks all.

PW
album out now on iTunes!

The Life Electric

check the blog @ www.pwfarrell.com/blog

Indigo

Re: Cubase 7.5.2 and Kontakt 5 not playing nice

Post by Indigo » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:45 pm

What do you mean by "additional channels in Kontakt"? Additional instances? I have no problems whatsoever using dozens of them in Cubase.
Main system: i7 4770k, 32gb RAM, 512 gb SSD (OS), 1 tb SSD (audio), 3x 3tb SATA III 7200-rpm drives (samples), 3x 3tb USB 3.0 (backup/general storage), nVidia GTX 780 ti (3 monitors), Antec Sonata III case, Win 8.1 Pro, RME UFX audio interface.

Outsounder

Post by Outsounder » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:07 am

What are saying? Are you adding multi instruments Into one instance of kontakt and assigning sequential midi channels? Or adding one version of kontakt and adding multi audio outputs of one instruments to discret audio outs to kontakts audio mixer channel outputs?
Main-Intel i7/Asus mobo/Gforce GPU/32gig ram. Secondary-Intel Q9950/Asus mobo/Radeon GPU/8gig ram.Win7 pro/Win10 pro, Cubase 9.5 Pro/Cubase 10.5 pro, Studio One 4 Pro, ACID, Ableton Live, SonicCore/Scope DSP Audio System, Presonus Sceptre S6 monitors. Avid Artist Mix/Control and Transport. Software includes NI Komplete 10, Halion 6, East West Play Libraries, Heavyocity Libraries, Sample Logic Libraries Best Service Libraries, Sonokinetic Libraries, 8Dio Libraries,Project Sam Libaries, Sound Iron Libraries,Melodyne Pro, Uberschall Elastic & Liquid Libraries etc etc.

jaslan
Grand Senior Member

Post by jaslan » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:43 am

It sounds to me like you are trying to activate additional audio outputs from the Kontakt instrument. After you assign them in Kontakt, you must activate them in Cubase via the Instrument Rack. This is done by clicking on the symbol that looks like. ->]
HTH
J.L.
Cubase Pro 10. Core-i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM, Windows 10. UR44. M-Audio Axiom Pro 61. Fishman TriplePlay. Komplete 11 Ultimate. Jamstix 4. Absolute VST3. 418 Carrier Landings.
SoundCloud

Return to “Older Cubase versions”