Curious about new (?) behavior of "forward" during playback

For users of legacy Steinberg Cubase software
bobby yarrow

Curious about new (?) behavior of "forward" during playback

Post by bobby yarrow » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:26 pm

With C5, if I pressed the + key on the number pad during playback, the cursor would jump ahead and playback would continue. With C6, the cursor still jumps forward in the timeline, but playback stops.

Is this the way you'd expect "forward" to behave in C6? I wonder if there's something I tweaked in C5 to get the behavior I want. I have tried mapping ordinary "fast forward" to the + key and that just makes the cursor fly to right until I hit stop, so that's not it.

Thanks.

thinkingcap
Grand Senior Member

Re: Curious about new (?) behavior of "forward" during playback

Post by thinkingcap » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:57 pm

bobby yarrow wrote:With C5, if I pressed the + key on the number pad during playback, the cursor would jump ahead and playback would continue. With C6, the cursor still jumps forward in the timeline, but playback stops.

Is this the way you'd expect "forward" to behave in C6? I wonder if there's something I tweaked in C5 to get the behavior I want. I have tried mapping ordinary "fast forward" to the + key and that just makes the cursor fly to right until I hit stop, so that's not it.

Thanks.
I´m not on C6, but maybe you just have to set the same preference in C6 that you have to set in C5 to make it behave that way...!?
Cubase 5.1.1 (32bit) | Win 7 Pro x64 SP1 | RME Fireface UFX | RME Fireface 800 | Cubase Essential 5 | Win 7 Home Premium x64
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just took off my thinkingcap, it got filled up with too much crap...

-steve-
External Moderator

Post by -steve- » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:25 pm

Yup. "Stop playback when winding" or similar.
independent manufacturer rep (not a Steinberg employee, and I do not speak for them)
cubase pro, nuendo, and dorico pro; latest versions
windows pro 10 | i7-3770k | ga-77x-ud5h | 32 Gb | UR44C | hp spectre x360 2018 | 16 Gb

bobby yarrow

Post by bobby yarrow » Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:50 am

Thanks! I'm a little embarrassed I didn't find it on my own . . .

Return to “Older Cubase versions”