Please bring back blue "e" when plugins on track

All feature requests and suggestions for upcoming releases of Cubase Pro 8, Cubase Artist 8 and Cubase Elements 8 can be posted here.
jbvries

Please bring back blue "e" when plugins on track

Post by jbvries » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:52 am

It is really nice to be able to quickly discern which channels have active plugins by looking at the "e" on the track.

What could possibly be the motivation for removing a signifier like that?

woodgrain816

Re: Please bring back blue "e" when plugins on track

Post by woodgrain816 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:15 am

Is this what you're talking about?
Record/mix/master Hip-Hop/R&B using Cubase since 2001.

GargoyleStudio

Post by GargoyleStudio » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:50 am

I've not installed Cb 8 yet but a blue e means that the edit window is open - have they changed that?

Mike.
[Win10x64 latest, Cb10.0 latest, MOTU PCIe, UAD2, Waves, Soundtoys, Arturia]

woodgrain816

Post by woodgrain816 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:32 am

Mike, Yes, in CB8 the "e" turns blue when the single track edit window is up. In CB8, I think you can only have 1 edit window or sample editor open at the same time.

BriHar

Post by BriHar » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:32 am

woodgrain816 wrote:Mike, Yes, in CB8 the "e" turns blue when the single track edit window is up. In CB8, I think you can only have 1 edit window or sample editor open at the same time.
That would be the Channel Settings window, and yes you can have more than one open at a time just as you can have multiple sample editors open simultaneously. ;)
"...yes I think it can be easily done, just take everything down to Highway 61."

Sun Point Studio Turbenthal, Switzerland

Cubase Pro 8.5.15 - 64bit | Cubase AI8 | WaveLab 9.0.10 - 64bit | PT10 | UR28M | UR44 | CMC-PD/4xFD/QC/AI/CH/TP | BCF2000 | Contour Shuttlexpress | Graphire Tablet | Cubendo Custom Keyboard | Lenovo E31 Workstation:Xeon E3-1225V2/3.2GHz; 14GB DDR3 SDRAM; 2x Intel-Flash520 SSD 180GB (C:/D:);1TB 7200rpm Sata3 (F:); DVD RW (E:); Ext. 3TB USB3 Freecom + WD 1TB; Nvidea GeForce GT 630 4GB DDR3 Video Ram AGP PCIE | Win 10 Pro 64 Bit

woodgrain816

Post by woodgrain816 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:45 am

BriHar wrote:
woodgrain816 wrote:Mike, Yes, in CB8 the "e" turns blue when the single track edit window is up. In CB8, I think you can only have 1 edit window or sample editor open at the same time.
That would be the Channel Settings window, and yes you can have more than one open at a time just as you can have multiple sample editors open simultaneously. ;)
How? When I try to edit 2 tracks, the "Channel Settings" window simply changes to the last one I clicked on. When I try to edit/view 2 audio take in the "Sample Editor" (for comparing vari audio notes on vocal doubles), the Sample Edit loads up the last audio take I click on (yet fails to update the window name with the second audio take's name *glitch*). I can only have one Channel Settings window and one Sample Editor window. Is there a setting that allows you to have multiple ones? That would be helping for lining up pitches on doubles.

BriHar

Post by BriHar » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:17 am

woodgrain816 wrote:When I try to edit 2 tracks, the "Channel Settings" window simply changes to the last one I clicked on.
Use the "Alt" key modifier when clicking. ;)
Regarding Sample editor, here a quote from the Operation Manual (which you might have a look at to find these kind of things out ;) ):
"To open the Sample Editor, double-click an audio event in the Project window or the Audio Part Editor, or double-click an audio clip in the Pool. You can have more than one Sample Editor window open at the same time."
"...yes I think it can be easily done, just take everything down to Highway 61."

Sun Point Studio Turbenthal, Switzerland

Cubase Pro 8.5.15 - 64bit | Cubase AI8 | WaveLab 9.0.10 - 64bit | PT10 | UR28M | UR44 | CMC-PD/4xFD/QC/AI/CH/TP | BCF2000 | Contour Shuttlexpress | Graphire Tablet | Cubendo Custom Keyboard | Lenovo E31 Workstation:Xeon E3-1225V2/3.2GHz; 14GB DDR3 SDRAM; 2x Intel-Flash520 SSD 180GB (C:/D:);1TB 7200rpm Sata3 (F:); DVD RW (E:); Ext. 3TB USB3 Freecom + WD 1TB; Nvidea GeForce GT 630 4GB DDR3 Video Ram AGP PCIE | Win 10 Pro 64 Bit

woodgrain816

Post by woodgrain816 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:34 am

Thanks for the tip. Holding Alt and clicking the "e" lets you open 2 channel editors. I regards to the multiple sample editors... One day I accidentally had like 4 of them open, but I can't remember how I did it. When I select multiple audio takes and double click, they all load up in the same window. That's pretty damn helpful when working with singers and having their dubs/harmonies analyzed with Variaudio! I can see which notes are too long, or are the wrong pitch.

When I double click an audio take, the sample editor opens. When I single-click another take, the same sample editor switches to the new audio take. How exactly do you have 2 sample editors pop up? @BriHar

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”