Routing addictive drums

For users of legacy Steinberg Cubase software
danmyersmusic

Routing addictive drums

Post by danmyersmusic »

Hi there - I'm new to this forum so bear with me.....

I use cubase 6 and Addictive Drums 1.5 - I want to route each kit piece to a separate channel in cubase for audio (not midi) processing - I have managed to route each kitpiece to a midi channel - however I have a slight problem.

I find midi processing very limiting - i have a host of audio proccessors available - i know that Cubase 6 allows you to create an instrument channel which allows you to process midi like a real instrument - unfortunately the instrument Channel doesn't seem to recognise the separate kitpieces in Addictive drums.

Am I missing something - if not will there ever be an update on either Addictive Drums or Cubase 6 to allow for this......

(I've posted this to the other software company also)

Thanks.....

thinkingcap
Grand Senior Member

Re: Routing addictive drums

Post by thinkingcap »

danmyersmusic wrote:unfortunately the instrument Channel doesn't seem to recognise the separate kitpieces in Addictive drums.

Am I missing something - if not will there ever be an update on either Addictive Drums or Cubase 6 to allow for this......
Open the addictive drums manual and learn how to route the different AD instruments to the different AD output channels.
Cubase 5.1.1 (32bit) | Win 7 Pro x64 SP1 | RME Fireface UFX | RME Fireface 800 | Cubase Essential 5 | Win 7 Home Premium x64
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just took off my thinkingcap, it got filled up with too much crap...

Henky

Re: Routing addictive drums

Post by Henky »

Read my post in the ezDrummer topic:
http://www.steinberg.net/forum/viewtopi ... =19&t=7411

Basically you don't need to use seperate midi channels because AD can route all instrument to different (audio)channels by itself.
What you need to do is forget about instrument tracks and load AD in the VST instrument rack.
The last icon in the VST instrument rack after the "e" (edit) icon let's you activate all outputs.

OH and you need to tell AD to send every AD mixer channel to a seperate output this is done by pressing the ”Out” button (has an arrow pointing downwards, located below the solo/mute buttons on every channel of the AD mixer).
AD manual page 14.

Return to “Older Cubase versions”