Acoustic agent SE missing in Elements 8

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 8, Cubase Artist 8 and Cubase Elements 8 here.
crofter

Acoustic agent SE missing in Elements 8

Post by crofter » Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:54 pm

I can't seem to find this, the manual says it should be included,any help appreciated.

SoundPerf

Re: Acoustic agent SE missing in Elements 8

Post by SoundPerf » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:31 am

I just sent a support request about this very issue. Not sure what's up with this.
Windows 7 Ultimate (SP1) 64bit
Cubase Elements 8 64bit
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0 Ghz; 4 GB RAM
Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 DSP

crofter

Post by crofter » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:46 am

Thanks for that, we'll have to see what Steinberg have to say.

SoundPerf

Post by SoundPerf » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:40 am

I got a first response, but I don't think he quite understood the problem completely. He thought I was just referring to presets. But, I'm missing the whole Acoustic Agent (and presets). As I believe is your problem, correct?
Cubase Elements 8 64bit

battleangel

Post by battleangel » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:36 am

It looks like you'll have a lot of work to get Acoustic Agent. I don't even bother to fix it. I'm tired of fixing all this bugs in software :roll:
viewtopic.php?t=70283&p=406462

SoundPerf

Post by SoundPerf » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:13 am

battleangel wrote:It looks like you'll have a lot of work to get Acoustic Agent. I don't even bother to fix it. I'm tired of fixing all this bugs in software :roll:
viewtopic.php?t=70283&p=406462
This is what I was suspecting. fouled up installer! I'm certainly not going to not have this function. There's only so much that made upgrading to Elements 8 worthwhile and this is something worthwhile. The only thing that's weird is the downloaded, extracted Elements 8 installer folder doesn't have the the files being referenced in this post.

http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtop ... 25#p407277

I understand what is needed, or should I say what is wrong with the install, but I don't want to jump into anything like re-installs, etc. I'm still waiting for a reply back from support. It would be nice if they would just supply the proper files and that's it. I don't understand why the support guy didn't understand the exact issue I was referring to since this is obviously a known issue. Between upgrades/updates and the soft-elicenser anti-piracy crud, it's always a "hope and pray" thing with software. Although this is the first issue I've had with Cubase in quite a while.

I'll post as soon as I hear anything.
Cubase Elements 8 64bit

studio-kiel

Post by studio-kiel » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:16 am

"In contrast to Groove Agent 4 the SE version can only load one Beat Agent at a time. Percussion Agent is not included. The Beat Agent in Groove Agent SE 4 includes 30 drum kits and over 200 ready-to-go grooves while the Acoustic Agent SE comes with ONE drum kit and 20 styles."

battleangel

Post by battleangel » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:25 pm

Yeah, but ONE drum kit is still more than 0 ;) Maybe I don't need it (maybe) but it's nice when you get what you paying for

dhyowi

Post by dhyowi » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:07 pm

I think this is the missing file (FCP_SMT_152_GASE_Acoustic_Studio_Kit.vstsound) that we need to have for Acoustic Agent to run. How can we get it? :?:

I think if you can find this file and place it here (C:\Users\[windows user name]\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Content\Groove Agent\FCP_SMT_152_GASE_Acoustic_Studio_Kit.vstsound) then it should work.

http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtop ... 5&start=25
AMD A6-3670 16Gb RAM, Dell Inspiron 14" 7447 i5, Windows 10 64bit, Cubase Pro 8.5.3, NI Komplete Audio 6, Korg Triton Le, 01/W Pro

battleangel

Post by battleangel » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:19 pm

My folders tree stops on "content" level ;) No Groove Agent folder. File doesn't exist on my hdd

SoundPerf

Post by SoundPerf » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:43 pm

dhyowi wrote:I think this is the missing file (FCP_SMT_152_GASE_Acoustic_Studio_Kit.vstsound) that we need to have for Acoustic Agent to run. How can we get it? :?:

I think if you can find this file and place it here (C:\Users\[windows user name]\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Content\Groove Agent\FCP_SMT_152_GASE_Acoustic_Studio_Kit.vstsound) then it should work.

http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtop ... 5&start=25
You may very well be right. But it does not exist as part of the 2.7 GB upgrade install file that was downloaded from Steinberg. Nor, is it anywhere to be found once installed.

I did a complete uninstall of Cubase and eLicencer, removing all remnants of Cubase in Windows and the Registry and then re-downloaded and re-installed and same thing. No Acoustic Agent.

My email dialog with support has gone quiet so far today. I wish I would get some response. Even to acknowledge it is actually a problem.
Cubase Elements 8 64bit

crofter

Post by crofter » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:10 pm

I've also sent in a support request,have to wait and see if any more info is forthcoming.

krisp

Post by krisp » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:32 pm

I got the complete install media (a 9.1 GB .iso file) for Cubase 8 Pro via MySteinberg/My products. Have you tried that?
Cubase 8.0.20 x64 | Win 8.1 x64 | Lenovo ThinkStation P900 w/ 2 Intel Xeon E5-2620v3 + 64 GB DDR4 ECC RAM | Nvidia Quadro K2200 | 256 GB M.2 SSD | 2x2 TB hybrid HDDs (RAID1).

SoundPerf

Post by SoundPerf » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:32 pm

krisp wrote:I got the complete install media (a 9.1 GB .iso file) for Cubase 8 Pro via MySteinberg/My products. Have you tried that?
I have paid for the the upgrade from Cubase Elements 7 to Cubase Elements 8. I don't believe I can get what you have. Thanks
Cubase Elements 8 64bit

SoundPerf

Post by SoundPerf » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:38 pm

crofter wrote:I've also sent in a support request,have to wait and see if any more info is forthcoming.
I just got the same generic "form" response back. I asked to be sent to another support level. (if there's is such a thing)

My support guy seems to be stuck in the fact that I don't have the "Filters" setup correctly so that I'm not seeing everything. This is not the case. There is no "Acoustic Agent" or Acoustic Agent "Presets" in my installation. Period. :evil:

Or else, I'm getting completely fooled by this Cubase game of content "Hide and Go Seek". :?
Cubase Elements 8 64bit

crofter

Post by crofter » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:58 pm

SoundPerf wrote:
crofter wrote:I've also sent in a support request,have to wait and see if any more info is forthcoming.
I just got the same generic "form" response back. I asked to be sent to another support level. (if there's is such a thing)

My support guy seems to be stuck in the fact that I don't have the "Filters" setup correctly so that I'm not seeing everything. This is not the case. There is no "Acoustic Agent" or Acoustic Agent "Presets" in my installation. Period. :evil:

Or else, I'm getting completely fooled by this Cubase game of content "Hide and Go Seek". :?
Quite so, certainly looks like an installer problem in that it doesn't get installed.

Jakersjaw

Post by Jakersjaw » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:59 pm

Here is a thread from kvr audio. And an official from steinberg answers that the acoustic agent is not included in the elements version. BS! I bought this because of the acoustic agent. It is advertised an the elements product page and in the "what du I get" video. http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6100636

SoundPerf

Post by SoundPerf » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:10 pm

Jakersjaw wrote:Here is a thread from kvr audio. And an official from steinberg answers that the acoustic agent is not included in the elements version. BS! I bought this because of the acoustic agent. It is advertised an the elements product page and in the "what du I get" video. http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6100636
Total BS....although, I'm not sure if they know exactly what they're talking about. I'm mean someone got paid at Steinberg to put a whole section in the manual (plus! indicating ""Elements Only"") Explaining how to use Acoustic Agent. :roll:

Something is definitely odd about this. Support seems to be a bit clueless about the whole thing. :oops:

I'm surprised how quickly people will just blow it off and say "moving on".
Cubase Elements 8 64bit

krisp

Post by krisp » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:36 pm

SoundPerf wrote:
krisp wrote:I got the complete install media (a 9.1 GB .iso file) for Cubase 8 Pro via MySteinberg/My products. Have you tried that?
I have paid for the the upgrade from Cubase Elements 7 to Cubase Elements 8. I don't believe I can get what you have. Thanks
I upgraded as well and was sent a smaller upgrade file (about 4 GB), and were missing files also. That's why I had to download the big package.

From http://www.steinberg.net/index.php?id=d ... ents_8&L=1:

Code: Select all

Cubase Elements 8 - Complete Installation

No DVD drive available? Lost the purchased download installation files?

With Cubase Elements 8 registered in your MySteinberg account you can find all necessary files for a complete installation under "My products" -> "Downloads".
It's worth a try, isn't it?
Cubase 8.0.20 x64 | Win 8.1 x64 | Lenovo ThinkStation P900 w/ 2 Intel Xeon E5-2620v3 + 64 GB DDR4 ECC RAM | Nvidia Quadro K2200 | 256 GB M.2 SSD | 2x2 TB hybrid HDDs (RAID1).

SoundPerf

Post by SoundPerf » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:44 pm

krisp wrote:
SoundPerf wrote:
I upgraded as well and was sent a smaller upgrade file (about 4 GB), and were missing files also. That's why I had to download the big package.

From http://www.steinberg.net/index.php?id=d ... ents_8&L=1:

Cubase Elements 8 - Complete Installation

No DVD drive available? Lost the purchased download installation files?

With Cubase Elements 8 registered in your MySteinberg account you can find all necessary files for a complete installation under "My products" -> "Downloads".
It's worth a try, isn't it?
All I have in "My Products" area is a download for a 2.8 GB Windows file and a 2.6 GB Mac file. Are referring to the "Pro" "Artist" or "Elements" versions?
Cubase Elements 8 64bit

krisp

Post by krisp » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:27 pm

I was referring to Elements - I thought that maybe it was the same procedure for all editions regarding downloadable upgrades (i.e. the smaller upgrade download is meant to be installed over a previous version of cubase - if it's not then you're going to miss some content).

Are you absolutely positive that the missing parts really is included in Elements? The cubase 8 pro install media includes these files:

Cubase 8\Cubase 8 for Windows\Additional Content\VST Sound\FCP_SMT_152_GASE_Acoustic_Studio_Kit.vstsound

Cubase 8\Cubase 8 for Windows\Additional Content\VST Sound\FCP_SMT_152_GASE_Acoustic_Studio_Kit.vstsound

Bandini

Post by Bandini » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:20 am

SoundPerf wrote:All I have in "My Products" area is a download for a 2.8 GB Windows file and a 2.6 GB Mac file.
For the record; me too (and Acoustic Agent missing). Upgraded from 6.
Cubase Elements 10 · Windows 10

SoundPerf

Post by SoundPerf » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:35 am

krisp wrote:I was referring to Elements - I thought that maybe it was the same procedure for all editions regarding downloadable upgrades (i.e. the smaller upgrade download is meant to be installed over a previous version of cubase - if it's not then you're going to miss some content).

Are you absolutely positive that the missing parts really is included in Elements? The cubase 8 pro install media includes these files:

Well, here's the rundown; First the website says Elements comes Groove Agent SE4. See link.
http://www.steinberg.net/en/products/cu ... s_new.html

So, I realize that that isn't thoroughly specific, so here is what the site says is the difference between Groove Agent 4 and SE4. Scroll down and see the line up.
http://www.steinberg.net/en/products/vs ... ne_up.html

Then if that's not enough, there's the manual for Groove Agent SE4. Here's a screenshot of the manual. I find it hard to see it any other way.
GASE4_manual.JPG
Page from manual
(108.28 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Also, I do understand and accept that it's limited in some way (mainly, I believe there's only one Kit preset) but still part of the program.
Cubase Elements 8 64bit

dhyowi

Post by dhyowi » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:51 am

SoundPerf wrote:

I have actually seen Acoustic Agent Presets and an Acoustic Agent folder but no actual Acoustic Agent .vstsound file

Checkout this directory on your installation:

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Groove Agent Common\GA Sub Presets\Style Files
AMD A6-3670 16Gb RAM, Dell Inspiron 14" 7447 i5, Windows 10 64bit, Cubase Pro 8.5.3, NI Komplete Audio 6, Korg Triton Le, 01/W Pro

SoundPerf

Post by SoundPerf » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:44 am

dhyowi wrote:
SoundPerf wrote:

I have actually seen Acoustic Agent Presets and an Acoustic Agent folder but no actual Acoustic Agent .vstsound file

Checkout this directory on your installation:

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Groove Agent Common\GA Sub Presets\Style Files
Yep, those are the "styles" data files. There's definitely some of the directories that I believe are meant to be used, but as you point out the important part is missing.

From what I can gather, either during the initial install setup when updates were being downloaded (at least with my install) something didn't take or else there are .msi files in the \Cubase LE AI Elements 8 for Windows\Additional Content\VST Sound that should probably extract content that either are broken or just missing. Or, who knows.... :?
Cubase Elements 8 64bit

Return to “General”