use score drum map grayed out

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 8, Cubase Artist 8 and Cubase Elements 8 here.
mcflyer

use score drum map grayed out

Post by mcflyer » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:53 pm

Cubase Pro 8, Trying to score a midi drum track. Having trouble getting started due to: Score Settings>Staff>Options>Score Drum Map - I cannot select "use score drum map" because it is grayed out. Why is this?

vic_france
Grand Senior Member

Re: use score drum map grayed out

Post by vic_france » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:17 am

Have you designated the MIDI/Instrument track as a Drum Track? (by assigning a Drum Map.. even an empty one ;) )
Mac Pro Quad-Core (2009) 2.66 GHz | 16GB RAM | MOTU PCI-424/2408mk3|MOTU Midi Timepiece AV | Mac OS X 10.9.5 | Cubase 9.5.0| Logic Pro X 10.2.2| ProTools 11.3.1| Ableton Live 9.7.5| Reaper 562 | Studio One Pro 3.5.1

mcflyer

Post by mcflyer » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:05 am

Thanks for your response. Yes, I have assigned a drum map to the track.

mcflyer

Post by mcflyer » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:03 pm

Sorry Vic, I lied. I thought I had assigned a drum track, but had not. I was following instructions from the Cubase Pro user manual chapter on Scoring for Drums, which seems to indicate that one would assign a drum map by going into "Drum Map Setup" from the MIDI menu. I had done that and a drum map appeared to be assigned. After exhaustive research I discovered the drum map assignment selector in the instrument track inspector, which no mention is made of in the Scoring for Drums chapter, and which I've never used, though I've done plenty of editing of my BFD3 midi tracks (I guess I was editing an "instrument" instead of "drums"). Anyway, problem solved. Thanks.

Return to “General”