Halion and Groove Agent - automated program changes?

Hi,

In HALion Sonic, it’s in-between. On the Options page, there is also Program Change part, where you can select:

• Off
  • GM
  • Multi Mode.

The Multimode means, you can switch between Multi-sounds, you prepare, by using Program Change MIDI CC. You can use up to 128 Multis (all Program Changes) and every single Multi can contain up to 16 sounds. These sounds could be as layers (on one MIDI Channel), or as separated sounds (every single sound is controlled from different MIDI Channel. So you could have up to 2.048 different sounds.

I haven’t found any “Program Change” in the Groove Agent 4 (or SE 4) manual. There is an option to load Previous/Next Program (i.e. sound), and you can use your own KeyCommand. So if you will create perfectly named sounds (I would recommend to use numbers) in the wanted order, then you could switch these sounds by using the KeyCommand. These KeyCommands are in both Groove Agent 4 and Groove Agent SE 4. You can find it under the OPTIONS page > Global part > Key Commands button. The KeyCommand, I’m talking about, is under the Global folder.

1 Like