Cubase Elements 8 upgrade not installed?

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 8, Cubase Artist 8 and Cubase Elements 8 here.
Joeymetz

Cubase Elements 8 upgrade not installed?

Post by Joeymetz » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:26 pm

Let me start by saying I am a complete novice when it comes to music production software.

I bought Cubase AI 8 a couple of months ago, and haven't really had the time to get stuck into it to learn how to use it yet and I am literally starting from scratch with this kind of program. Anyway, I opened up the program today and a pop-up appeared giving me the option of upgrading to 'elements 8' and since it was only £37, I thought why not. So I downloaded the program, and for some reason my program hasn't changed at all. there are no new features or anything when I open up the Cubase program from my desktop. I have gone into the downloads folder and there are Cubase programs in there, but there are several of them, which one do I go into for my upgrade, and how do I get the new stuff onto my current program?

This is really hard going for me, so I apologise if I come across as being a complete idiot, but im really in need of some help here.

Thanks.
Cubase elements 8
Macbook pro intel core i7 3.1GHz 16GB DDR3
Mojave 10.14.3
Steinberg UR22

Luis Dongo

Re: Cubase Elements 8 upgrade not installed?

Post by Luis Dongo » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:13 pm

Hi Joeymetz,

you probably haven't activated the Elements license yet. Please check the order confirmation e-mail from our Online-Shop, open the eLicenser Control Center, and enter the activation code from the e-mail in there. Activate the license and then your current installation will convert to Cubase Elements 8.

Regards
Luis Dongo
Marketing Manager - Pro Audio

Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Connect with Steinberg on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram and SoundCloud.

Return to “General”