Can't open project because it was created with Cubase 1X

Use this forum for an overview of collected issues and to report new ones.
AlexSpirit

Can't open project because it was created with Cubase 1X

Post by AlexSpirit » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:46 pm

Hi,
I have a problem.
Since I've updated Cubase 8 pro to 8.5 pro, I can't open a project with the cpr file. An error appear : "Can't open because it was created with cubase 1X".

I've never used Cubase 1X, this project was created with Cubase 8.

I read this topic http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtop ... 27#p486834, but I can't open the project with Cubase 8.0.3 to add a midi track, I have the same error. I can't find previous version of Cubase 8 pro to try each version.

This project contains final recording of bass and guitar, and all of the synths in the song. :evil:

Please, tell me if a solution exists, you will me win hours of work !
Thanks.
Attachments
Capture d’écran 2015-12-16 à 19.35.35.png
Error print Screen
(30.71 KiB) Not downloaded yet

shagazulu

Re: Can't open project because it was created with Cubase 1X

Post by shagazulu » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:08 pm

There may be an easier way to do this, but if you install Cubase SX3, then open and save the file, then Cubase 4 and open and save the file, then you should be able to open it with Cubase 8. (You may be able to skip SX3, and just install Cubase 4, I don't know. I recall there being something about those 2 versions that dealt with this issue.) Try 4 first, then if not, install SX3 and do that, then 4, then 8.... (or even try skipping the 4 and just do SX3 then 8, that might work too).

Yea, this'll take some time, sorry.

Your problem may be the file itself, but unlikely.

ftp.steinberg.net/Download/

Your dongle will allow you to open previous versions of Cubase.
Cubase 8 Pro & Cubase AI 7 (on 2nd PC running VST System Link for 16-track recording) | Windows 7 x64 | Intel Core 2 Quad & Cord 2 Duo | 8MB & 6MB RAM | Tascam FW1884 & M-Audio Delta 1010 | UAD-1 | M-Audio Axiom 61 | Kawai MP9000 | CMC-AI | Frontier Tranzport | FX Teleport | Various & sundry outboard gear that's rather spacial

AlexSpirit

Post by AlexSpirit » Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:51 pm

Hi,
Thanks for your answer.

I want to try your solution, but the FTP asks me an ID and a password to connect.
Any idea ?

Thanks in advance.

rpaillot805

Post by rpaillot805 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:53 pm

Sorry but your project is most likely corrupted, forever.

I hope you have another backup of it ...

Yes, this sometimes happen, for no reason, with Cubase ...Probably a faulty plugin you used
during the process , and this little by little corrupted your Cubase session, to finally corrupting it forever.

Also another thing : do you use dropbox to synchronize your work on the cloud ? If yes , it can corrupt your Cubase session.

Return to “Issues”