Some minor problems...

Discuss all Sequel related topics.
ChrisV

Some minor problems...

Post by ChrisV » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:26 pm

Hi there,

Well i am a new owner of a retail Sequel 2, congrats to Steinberg for the easy of use and the time saving creating quick music in our personal studio adding our instruments too... thumbs up

I have some issues not big deal but will be nice to have them... ;)

First in the retail version when i tried to add a new track only available is the empty option and no pre arranged sounds and instruments shown, on the trial version i had these was exist...
In the Steinberg dir looks that exist bun not on the software and the trial version has been removed before the retail installed, how can i put them to work, i thought to reinstall it but with this type of e license i am fear to do it... :?

The other, i don't have any sound coming from the virtual midi or keyboard, this happened on the trial version too...

Cheers,

Chris

JHP

Re: Some minor problems...

Post by JHP » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:10 pm

A:
You can reinstal, this will not affect the license. ;)

B:
Solving problems with Sequel
This magic bullet is to address several issues with Sequel.
It cannot do any harm and it is always the first thing to do if you experience a problem in Sequel.

You should reset your Sequel by generating a new preferences folder. All preferences will be set back as if Sequel has been freshly installed. The Media Bay Presets will be rescanned.
In order to do so you must rename the following folder:

Windows XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\[Your Username]\ Application Data \Steinberg\Sequel 2
You must rename to
C:\Documents and Settings\[Your Username]\ Application Data \Steinberg\Sequel 2 inactiv

Mac OS X
/Users/Your Username/Library/Preferences/Sequel 2
You must rename to
/Users/Your Username/Library/Preferences/Sequel 2 inactive

PC Windows 7/Vista
OS Disk \User\Your Username\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Sequel 2
You must rename to
OS Disk \User\Your Username\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Sequel 2 inactive

If you cannot follow the path stated above you might have to "show hidden files and folders" in Windows.
!Make sure to setup your ASIO driver in the Sequel setup correctly again after generating the new preferences folder.

You can find the "Program Settings Page" in which you must setup your ASIO driver if you click on the symbol on the lower left corner. The "Program Settings Page" symbol looks like this:
◘ ✓
◘ ✓
◘ ...

You should avoid using the "Direct X Full Duplex" driver. If you have a dedicated ASIO Device you should choose the respective device driver in the "Program Settings Page". If you are using the internal Soundcard of your System you should choose the "Generic Low Latency" driver. In many cases the ASIO4All driver works even better. You can download the ASIO4ALL driver from http://www.ASIO4ALL.com. Download the driver and install it. After this you will be able to choose it as ASIO device driver in the "Program Settings Page".

Gr,
JHP
Jan Peters, QA
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook!

ChrisV

Post by ChrisV » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:41 pm

Hi,

I come back to tell that i solve both problems i have reinstall the Sequel not in the default folder but i create a new one in the main OS root drive, tomorrow test with recording but i don;t see any problem ... :D

Also thx for the reply,

KR,

Chris

JHP

Post by JHP » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:16 am

Nice! :)
Jan Peters, QA
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook!

Return to “Sequel”