How can i create notes from a sample ?

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 8, Cubase Artist 8 and Cubase Elements 8 here.
zackdrake

How can i create notes from a sample ?

Post by zackdrake » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:07 pm

Hello!
I have seen this video that explain how you create notes that you can play on your keyboard from a sample
https://youtu.be/1ZD4aPuhT7M
But the problem is that it's on FL Studio and I wanted to know if you can do it in cubase too ?

xerix

Re: How can i create notes from a sample ?

Post by xerix » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:00 pm

drop audio into cubase, go into sample editor and select "pitch & warp", it will turn the audio into notes and now u can play around with them
another way is if u have melodyne then u record it on the track and play with the notes inside melodyne editor
another way is drop the audio into groove agent one and create slices/hit points on each pad. each note on the keyboard now plays a sample

Mrhehon

Post by Mrhehon » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:51 pm

Drop the one sample onto a groove agent SE pad.
Click the pitch tab and set a key range. Click on the sample tab and click warp.
The sample will now play across your midi keyboard depending on the key range set.
Windows 10 pro
Cubase Pro 10
PC i7 920@2.67 GHz (10 years old but still doing it for me) 16GB ram
2xMR816 CSX FireWire Audio Interfaces
CC121 controller
Nektar P6

zackdrake

Post by zackdrake » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:43 pm

xerix wrote:drop audio into cubase, go into sample editor and select "pitch & warp", it will turn the audio into notes and now u can play around with them
another way is if u have melodyne then u record it on the track and play with the notes inside melodyne editor
another way is drop the audio into groove agent one and create slices/hit points on each pad. each note on the keyboard now plays a sample
I couldn't try your answer because I have the artist version of cubase 8 and it doesn't provide this feature :/
But thanks for your answer :)
Mrhehon wrote:Drop the one sample onto a groove agent SE pad.
Click the pitch tab and set a key range. Click on the sample tab and click warp.
The sample will now play across your midi keyboard depending on the key range set.
Thanks for your answer it worked perfectly :)
Is it also possible to have 2 notes playing at the same time ?

rumlee

Post by rumlee » Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:56 pm

xerix wrote:drop audio into cubase, go into sample editor and select "pitch & warp", it will turn the audio into notes and now u can play around with them
pitch and warp does a poor job at turning audio into notes, in my opinion. Only really simple audio parts will work...
Cubase Pro 8.5.30, Wavelab Elements 9.0.35, Win 10 64 bit, cpu - Core i7-6700K 4 x 4 ghz quad core, DDR4-2666 32 GB RAM kingston hyperx fury, Nvidia Asus GTX 980 4 GB STRIX, SSD Samsung 950 pro 512 GB, SSD Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB, Seagate 1000 GB 7200rpm, Presonus Studio 192 interface + many VSTs...

Return to “General”