Cubase iC Pro
The most advanced Cubase remote control app for iOS
Connecting deeper to Cubase than any other app, Cubase iC Pro is the most advanced Cubase control app with a clear focus on recording, making it your very personal recording assistant. The project overview page and the mixer allow you to see your project as you know it from Cubase, while the key command page gives you a powerful tool to set up your most-used keyboard shortcuts and macros. Up to four dedicated cue mixes can be set up with Cubase iC Pro, giving you the freedom to adjust your own mix with a iPhone or iPad.
How to install Cubase iC Pro
- Purchase Cubase iC Pro on the App Store
- Download the Steinberg SKI Remote extension and install it on your computer
Keeping the overview
Project page with project overview
Cubase iC Pro features the project overview you know from Cubase. It allows you to see your Cubase project right on your iPhone and iPad.
Cubase iC Pro always stays in sync with your Cubase project: if you add or remove tracks or markers in Cubase, the project page will automatically update the overview to reflect the changes.
- Easily navigate through the project via one finger scrolling gesture
- Set and jump to left and right locators
- Set and navigate to markers
- Tap to tempo
- Time-based ruler
- Turn metronome on/off
- Play, record, cycle, forward, rewind and jump to project start
- Zoom in and out with two finger pinch gesture
Right on cue
Mixer with up to four independent cue mixes
Cubase iC Pro provides a mixing environment that assists you when producing your recording mixes, but also lets you set up up to four individual headphone mixes using Cubase’s Control Room. Recording or rehearsing with musicians has never been that easy. This means that musicians carrying a supported iPhone or iPad can adjust their own mix independently!
The mixer inside Cubase iC Pro streamlines each channel and displays only the most important features needed to record remotely.
- Volume fader, pan, mute, solo, listen, record arm, track monitoring, read/write automation
- Three zoom modes
Take the shortcut
Customizable key commands and macros
With Cubase iC Pro you can now create and manage your key commands and macros directly. No longer do you have to print the key commands’ names, sticking them on a dedicated keyboard. Simply select an empty slot and assign the shortcut you want. You can even store key command pages as presets for recall.
- Set up Cubase key commands
- Rename, recolor, reassign and delete buttons
- Factory preset pages with over 100 useful key commands
- Dedicated full screen mode (new in version 1.1)
New in version 1.2.2
- Now Supporting Cubase Pro 9 Sampler tracks
- CueMix faders remain visible if Cubase projects contain VCA fader tracks
New in version 1.2.1
- VCA Fader support
- Snap support
- iOS 64-bit mode support (for supported iOS devices)
New in version 1.2
- Tap a fader and move to the side (left or right) to reset its value to 0 dB.
- Tap on a pan slider and move to the top or to the bottom to reset its value to the center or move to other fixed positions.
- A sidebar menu was added on the mixer page to reset Mute/Solo/Listen/Read/Write states easily.
- Gain levels of channels are displayed when moving faders.
- Expanded folder tracks now appear as single tracks on project overview page.
System requirements and support
Cubase iC Pro requires iOS 8.3 or later. To run Cubase iC Pro on iOS 10, the iOS version 10.3.3 or later must be installed. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Please note that being a remote control, this application provides no use or function without a connection to Cubase Pro 8.5/Pro 9, Cubase Artist 8.5/9, Cubase LE/AI/Elements 9.
Some functionalities (e.g. the Cue-mix features) work only in combination with Cubase Pro 8.5/Pro 9 and not with Cubase Artist 8.5/9 or Cubase LE/AI/Elements 9.
Important: The Steinberg SKI Remote extension has to be installed on the computer for Cubase iC Pro to work.
Check out other apps by Steinberg
Cubasis, LoopMash and LoopMash HD — discover our inspiring apps.