Will IC Pro ever fullfill it's promise?

Svenne

Will IC Pro ever fullfill it's promise?

Post by Svenne »

When will we see an update that completes it advertised features? I speak of using it to let the performers control their own monitor mixes! This has been promised from the get-go, but it's still unusable for this purpose.

It's been 16 months since the last update!
Cubase Pro 8.5.20 + IC Pro, WaveLab Elements 9.0.30, Mac Pro 2.8GHz 8-core 8GB, 10.11.6 (El Capitan), MR 816X, Avid Control/Mix, iPad Air (128GB), Cubasis 2.0, iTrack Dock.

Patanjali

Re: Will IC Pro ever fullfill it's promise?

Post by Patanjali »

Given that the whole concept has the potential to provide oodles of touch enabled interfaces for Cubase, and thus replace mixconsoles, it is remarkably under-emphasised and seems to suffer from a distinct shortage of development attention.

Hopefully, it doesn't just drop off the radar completely. :(
Patanjali
Comp: i7-4930K : Asus P9X79-E WS : 32GB : GTX 1050 : SSDx7 : UAD2Q : TCL 49C2US x2.
HW: YRG : uKEY2 : UR44.
SW: Dual boot Win10P : Cubase 8.0.30 Pro 64 : RX4Adv : Ozone6Adv : Goliath/SO/Pianos/Gypsy/SV : Sup.Drum 2

ltf3

Post by ltf3 »

I agree....

In a small set up IC in incredibly useful. If a larger iPad materializes ( it will ... ) IC could be an incredible mix surface.

I too sincerely hope SB returns to it for some updates!
Lee

Cubase 8.5, Nuendo 10, Cubasis ( gotta luv it ), Arturia Audio Fuse, OS 10.13.6, IMac Quad Core 3.2 GHz i7, 32GB RAM, Radeon Graphics 4GB

InLightTone

Post by InLightTone »

It's unfortunate this has been abandoned, I've got my eye on Lemur now...

fenderchris

Post by fenderchris »

InLightTone wrote:It's unfortunate this has been abandoned, I've got my eye on Lemur now...
Abandoned? Where did you hear that?

Isn't a new version currently being beta-tested?
Chris

PC: i910th Gen, 64GB ram, SSD drives.
Screens: LG 4K 3440x1440, AG-Neovo 1280x1024 (x2).
Hardware: RME FireFace UFX, MR816CSX (x2), SmartAV Tango-1 + 12-fader expansion, MOTU Midi Express 128, UAD-2 Quad, Lexicon PCM-91, Lexicon MPX-550, TC-Fireworx, Roland V-Drums TD-20X, Nektar Panorama P1.
Software: Nuendo-8.1.10, Wavelab-Elements-9.5, Halion-6, Halion Sonic 3, Cubase iCPro for iPhone and Android (killed by its parents at birth).

Svenne

Post by Svenne »

fenderchris wrote:Isn't a new version currently being beta-tested?
That would be excellent news indeed. Where have you heard that?
Cubase Pro 8.5.20 + IC Pro, WaveLab Elements 9.0.30, Mac Pro 2.8GHz 8-core 8GB, 10.11.6 (El Capitan), MR 816X, Avid Control/Mix, iPad Air (128GB), Cubasis 2.0, iTrack Dock.

daksha

Post by daksha »

I tried ic pro, but ended using my own Lemur setup. I implemented more features in a more rational way. Wayyyyy better.
-P6T Deluxe v2 + Xeon W3670 - Win 10 64bit
-Cubase 9 64bit + CC121 + iPad 4g (Lemur Controller)
-Steinberg MR816 CSX + Behringer ADA8200 + iConnectivity mio10
-Access Virus TI2 P0lar, Yamaha AN1x, Reface DX, Waldorf Pulse, Roland TB-3, Maschine Mikro MK2 + Nord Modular G1, Axoloti
-Adam A7X + Nanopatch+

meta-redundant

Post by meta-redundant »

I'm on Arts Unmuted's Cubase Lemur template - it works a lot better for me.

The main thing a lot of these control surfaces (hardware and software) spend too much time on is the mixer. We don't need 64 virtual faders. It takes more time to find out which fader on your control surface controls which fader in the program...when you're staring right at the fader onscreen, it's just quicker and easier to use the mouse. I hate hunting around for the channel #27 fader on the control surface, or its send levels, when I'm looking right at it. After the novelty of controlling mixer faders goes away ("Oooooooh look I'm moving the onscreen fader with my control surface!!" - lol), you realize that what you really need is a way to control Quick Controls, VSTis, common editing operations, navigation, and all the things that are a pain with the mouse. I.e. the control surface shouldn't be a 1:1 of the mixer GUI, it should be its own intelligently laid out controller that allows you to do things you can't do with the mouse, or are inconvenient thereof.

But all these control surfaces / apps spend 80% of the real estate and functionality on the mixer...go figure ;)
Cubase Pro 10 | Wavelab 9.5 | Intel i9 7940x | Win10 | RME Fireface UCX (via USB) | 64Gb Memory | CC121 | UAD Quad | Intel RAID SSD array | Raven MTi2

Patanjali

Post by Patanjali »

Svenne wrote:Where have you heard that?
Join the Cubase iC Pro Android 5.0 (Lollipop) beta test at the very top of this Cubase iC Pro forum. I know, just too 'in plain sight' to be noticed!

Note that it started almost exactly 5 months ago and still nothing released, so SB is not in a hurry.
Patanjali
Comp: i7-4930K : Asus P9X79-E WS : 32GB : GTX 1050 : SSDx7 : UAD2Q : TCL 49C2US x2.
SW: Dual boot Win10P : Cubase 8.0.30 Pro 64 : RX4Adv : Ozone6Adv : Goliath/SO/Pianos/Gypsy/SV : Sup.Drum 2

Svenne

Post by Svenne »

Patanjali wrote:
Svenne wrote:Where have you heard that?
Join the Cubase iC Pro Android 5.0 (Lollipop) beta test at the very top of this Cubase iC Pro forum. I know, just too 'in plain sight' to be noticed!

Note that it started almost exactly 5 months ago and still nothing released, so SB is not in a hurry.
That's a port of the current version. Not a new version.

InLightTone

Post by InLightTone »

fenderchris wrote:
InLightTone wrote:It's unfortunate this has been abandoned, I've got my eye on Lemur now...
Abandoned? Where did you hear that?

Isn't a new version currently being beta-tested?
Abandoned in the sense that nothing new has come to the app in a LLOOONNNGGG time.

Patanjali

Post by Patanjali »

InLightTone wrote:Abandoned in the sense that nothing new has come to the app in a LLOOONNNGGG time.
It's not abandoned! They are busy working at it in the room next to where the planning charts and demolition orders related to the hyperspace bypass that will destroy earth have been on display at our local planning department in Alpha Centauri for the last 50 years. Obviously, they got off in time.

Ref: HHG2tG
Patanjali

Patanjali

Post by Patanjali »

Svenne wrote:That's a port of the current version. Not a new version.
Pity. Does it actually work though? At least usable is better than doing without two devices, if I might need them.
Patanjali

Return to “Cubase iC Pro”