Cubasis with IAA-instruments and external keyboard

in the meantime I found this thread:

following these steps from Lars:
Sampletank loaded as a multitimbral instrument via IAA

• Create a MIDI track and load Sampletank via IAA
  • Go to Sampletank and establish Live Mode
  • Create a second MIDI track in Cubasis and set it to “No instrument”
  • Set MIDI Output to “SampleTank Full” and choose the MIDI channel as desired (e.g. Ch2)
  • Follow step 3 and 4 to establish optional MIDI tracks to trigger additional Sampletank instruments

Yes, that does work with the internal keyboard in cubasis. It does NOT work with an external MIDI-keyboard, at least not with my Kurzweil KP110. SampleTank doesn’t care what track I am selecting in Cubasis with what Midi-channel. Being in LIVE Mode (and switching back to cubasis) it still plays whatever MIDI-OUT channel on my Kurzweil-Keyboard I am setting.
I guess this goes back to what Samu was saying in Audiobus-forum: “iWavestation always listen to ‘hardware’ first, it doesn’t care if it’s connected using IAA.” Apparently that is true for all instruments-apps.

If thats the case, I’m out. This is RIDICULOUS… How on earth are you supposed to use these virtual instruments together with cubasis and an external controller??? … what about iRig Keys?

EDIT: one last thought:
I could set the Midi-channel on my keyboard to a channel that SampleTank doesnt know (for example 16). But then I would need cubasis to route what I’m (externally) playing to the Midi-channel from the selected Midi-track. Again, that does work of course with the internal keyboard, but not with the external. Why can’t cubasis not route incoming Midi-notes to the Midi-channel from the selected track?
found this thread: [SOLVED] Playing from and with external Synths? - Cubasis - Steinberg Forums
Is my Kurzweil KP110 maybe not a “Core MIDI compatible hardware”?