A modest multi-channel help (feature request)

Oh, I do think such sarcastic posts are necessary sometimes, to contrast a problem. Of course a self acclaimed forum police always shows up trying to force their articulation style on others. I have probably more invested into Steinberg software as most individuals here and will continue doing this. Nuendo and Cubase are jewels for my work flows. WaveLab is on my computers since version 1.x if I remember correctly. It is not to much asked in 2018 to have multi-channel workflow in an audio editor. Everybody knows that there are much more formats to be dealt with than e.g. 20 years ago. Simple things like loading a 5.1 interleaved file, edit it and save it back are not possible. The situation looks to me like a running gag. I appreciate the integration of WL into Nuendo/Cubase, but it is half baken for me when I cannot transfer multi channel files. Of course I have licenses for several other audio editors, which do multi channel editing just fine. I record in surround and Ambisonics, want to convert these files into other formats and so on. No go with WL since years.