Pianoteq 6 vst3 plugin

1. I’m still whitelisting Pianoteq 5 because I’m used to the program (Pianoteq 6 is very new and I haven’t got to grips with it yet) and also because until this issue gets solved I wouldn’t be able to use Pianoteq in Dorico (or Cubase)
  2. Pianoteq 5 is listed and works in Cubase

The noise starts immediately after you select Pianoteq 6 as a VST instrument. However, it’s not fully consistent. I have, on two occasions, been able to make Pianoteq 6 function in Dorico. The first time was after I switched the selection from Pianoteq 5 to Pianoteq 6, heard the noise and deselected the instrument instance completely, opened a new instance and was able to load Pianoteq 6 without any noise. Intrigued, I repeated it step by step but wasn’t able to achieve the same result. The second time was after I restarted my Mac. I was able to load Pianoteq 6 with no noise. Switching back to Pianoteq 5 and then reselecting Pianoteq 6 brought the noise back.

I would stress that after selecting Pianoteq 6 successfully, I haven’t used the instrument for an extended period. For all I know there are other faults with it.

BTW - you can download a test file of Pianoteq. IIRC it’s only about 40-50 meg.