Wishes for upcoming updates?

I think educators would be more interested in being able to include chords in the print copy, which it can already do.

Composers would like to see chord (and possibly functional analysis in some cases), while they compose but EXCLUDED from the print copy. And if the software could continually keep the chord names up to date with what is on the staves, then it helps a composer to use less of his brain cells for the menial task of constantly analyzing the notes on the staves to see if the chord is in agreement with the intention. It can also in some cases help to flag errant notes, when a chord suddenly displays as something other then the composer had in mind… for example.

There are actually some other notational programs which are way ahead of Dorico in terms of compositional tools, but they suffer very poor engraving. For example Myiad Harmony Assistant and Pizzicato. Additionally, many composer oriented plugins have been developed for Sibelius, Finale and MuseScore which also aide the composition process substantially.

I do think Dorico has the “potential” to be the best in this area eventually, I do not think its there yet. The playback engine is heading towards best in class, which makes it a primary candidate to consider the compositional process as being very significant for people that will be attracted to it over time. IMHO.