[STILL NOT FIXED!] Cubase 9.5.1 Pro - Windows 10 (1703 / 1709 confirmed) - Channel Meter Display issue

UPDATE with 9.5.1 done and the issue is still not fixed!
Steinberg Support ticket untouched since many days and that is like a cruel joke!
Simple issue even not noticed…and …well…checking now for all the othre unfixed and newly discovered issues…

Hi,

one more for the list:

In Cubase 9.5 Pro any channel meter view (Mixer, Lower Zone Mixer, Channel Edit) has a display bug with the lines and the values.
The lines usually to not cross the numbers in the meter, but in Cubase 9.5 Win 10 they do:

Cubase 9.5 Pro

Kanal_Schrift.png
Cubase 9 [Pro]
CB_9_MeterSchrift.PNG
It is confirmed with the latest Windows 10 1709 (Build 16299.64) which was freshly installed from scratch.

Also 2 more users in the German forum confirmed it to exist with Windows 10 1703 (build unknown).

Hope it will be addressed as well in the desperately awaited first bug fix update.

Looks like Steinberg prefers to work with Apple computers (see all the videos).

Regards
S.

Hi,

Could you try in Cubase Safe Start Mode or trash preferences, please?

I’ve got the same Problem, trashing the preferences does’nt help.

My Computer: Laptop MSI GL72 7RD, i7-7700HQ, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX1050, Win10 Home 1709

Since I have a fresh install I also doubt it is related to settings.
Could be more a schema or even font thing?
I deleted anyway the Default.xml from the profile folder and it did just nothing besides the reset of the defaults.
I still need to try the safe mode startup.

This time, Apple users more lucky in the GUI area :wink:

Oh, btw. changed my graphics gard as well today from AMD Radeon HD 2600 to Nvidia GT 710 and no change at all either

Hi,

have tried all of this allready, still does not work.
Seems to be a more windows related problem.
I see your on mac, do you have the possibility to try on windows aswell?

Regards Shanahan

Does nobody else have this issue?

Yes.

FWIW - confirmed here too. Although for the mixconsole, I usually have narrower channel widths and the legends (numbers) disappear anyway.

I see this as well, but it doesn’t bother me much.

I see this as well, but it doesn’t bother me much.

Sure, not a big deal, so it should not be a big deal to fix it
And it just shows that QA is not working well, seeing all these minor and major (GUI) issues in the recent past, in my op

It might be just a design choice you don’t like? the lines are dark gray, the strike through numbers light grey?

Same issue here.
Win10/64bit and Cubase 9.5.1 Pro.
MeterIssue.PNG

Design choice? What for?
That you can’t read it anymore? Nice feature :unamused:

I’m not saying it’s MY choice, but it might be just that

What sence would that make?
To be clear…do you have this"issue" too?

Greetz Shanahan

Yes, everyone has his “issue”
I would call it a design issue, not a bug. It didn’t slip in, it was drawn that way by a developer.

Yes, everyone has his “issue”
I would call it a design issue, not a bug. It didn’t slip in, it was designed conciously that way by a developer.
Whether that was a design choice for the better, is a different discussion,

Well…then I start that discussion here.It’s crap the way it is!!! :mrgreen:

Greetz Shanahan

Well…then I start that discussion here.It’s crap the way it is!!!

I Agree! :frowning:

@Steinberg: please change this back like it was in 9.0. Thanks.

Absolutely!
I can’t believe, this is a feature!?! :confused:

Guys, calm down :wink:

This is not a design feature introduced with 9.5.x
Watch all the 9.5 videos made on MAC and you won’t see the lines-through-numbers glitch!
So it is a fact that it is a display bug in the Windows version. So shall it be fixed! Period!

:unamused: