cloud backup for selected preferences - unify settings

Logic does it very nicely. Like more and more programs, it’s storing it’s user settings like presets and program settings into the user’s documents folder. There you have one folder with subfolders for presets, program settings etc. You just zip that up or sync it to Dropbox to another computer and everything is there.

You can do such a thing “kinda”. You have to work with User Profiles in the File>Profile Manager menu. There you can export your current profile and import it into another program. It’s extra steps of exporting and importing, but it worked for me.

Profile Manager does some extraction magic and gets only the portions of all the config files relevant to your profile. Of course it would be nice if we had a user folder where settings would be saved in and that they were not scattered around in 50 files and subfolders. This way you could just sync this user folder and every time Nuendo starts it read the latest settings and presets from the hard drive. But the profile manager works.

I don’t think this saves VST Presets. And I don’t know about port names or CC121 prefs.