List of All Key Commands in 10.5. 20 - Pdf and xlsx available

Thanks John!

Ah, keyworthiness :mrgreen: . It’s just a rating (MY haphazard rating) of how much a key command is worth it to be assigned a key in a default key commands preset. Some key commands are GREAT for building macros, but it wouldn’t be worth it to sacrifice a keyboard key to assign them on. This rating reflects this. A VERY useful key command (in my humble opinion) will get a 10. Most default key commands get a 10, unless if they don’t work. If a key command doesn’t work, it will get a 0.

If a key command doesn’t do anything, or does something that is not immediately visible (after reading the manual and trying in project, mixconsole, editors), it gets a “?”. You can search for these with Ctrl F and chip in if you know what it does. It will be much appreciated!

It goes without saying that one man’s gold is another man’s trash. What seems awesome to me might be trivial to you. Don’t give this keyworthiness rating much thought. Consider it a “worth checking out” rating.

Also…some key commands only function when a particular window is in focus. Would this be something valuable to add?

Of course it would be valuable! For key commands that I expected them to work somewhere and they didn’t, I comment about it in the notes section of each key command. But testing all key commands in all windows is… I don’t know where to start. Maybe on a second pass I could look into it.

And finally, since you are being quite detailed, maybe a list of missing key commands?

In cases where this lack is obvious, for example in Edit Channel Settings, I leave a comment/note. However, since finding ALL missing key commands will require a full scan of all functions in all windows and editors, I think it’s too difficult for me alone to do accurately and reliably. More sets of eyes are needed!

Overall, I would like it if:

1. I could somehow find an easy way to link to the manual for each key command. (but not have to do it again next update :laughing: )
  2. Find a way to make a 2007 excel (don’t laugh please) into an HTML(?) - SOMETHING - that will maintain the collapse/expand tree structure, and the dynamic excel filter of contemporary versions (I don’t have it in 2007), where you type in a cell and the relevant entries are shown as you type, letter by letter. I think this would make for a nice key command searcher, with multiple search fields, either by name, keys assigned, etc etc…

When I’m done, I’ll upload the excel file in the original post for everyone to do as they see fit with it.

Thank you for your interest!