Why do instrument tracks take CPU when no notes are playing?

Hippo my friend, I am just saying it would be nice if Cubase would match Logic on this performance feature. Are you saying in your opinion you would like Cubase to NOT be able to have many instrument tracks at 32 sample buffer?

Cubase works better for me than Logic. That’s why I’ve been using Cubase since version 5. But I’ve also had both Logic and Pro Tools since each apps version 5 as well as previously owning DP 2-4. I’m familiar with the pros and cons of each. Some things Cubase could do better on, and it wouldn’t be the first time Cubase has added a feature that started with another DAW. Think track freezing and delay compensation. Who isn’t glad they added those features?

So don’t take it personally. Even if you are a Steinberg engineer I wouldn’t expect you to read the users minds. That’s why I’m here on the forum saying I was not able to get the most use out of my CC121 because of this instrument track CPU “tax”. I was actually just surprised that Cubase had this issue at all, most things it is very advanced in.